AMAZING vaccine-autism coverup by pharm companies. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-17-2005, 10:12 AM

Published on Thursday, June 16, 2005 by Salon.com

Deadly Immunity

When a study revealed that mercury in childhood vaccines may have caused autism in thousands of kids, the government rushed to conceal the data -- and to prevent parents from suing drug companies for their role in the epidemic.

by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

This is a longish piece so it wouldn't paste in the space provided so here's the link. Required reading, for sure.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0616-31.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

My mom read up on vaccines in the '80s when my younger brother and I were babies, and as a result of her findings, we weren't vaccinated until much later in life. One of her cousins' children, born around the same time as my brother, developed autism, and was also vaccinated as an infant, and my mother swears up and down the vaccines were the cause. I used to think my mother was crazy. Not so much anymore.
#3 Old 06-17-2005, 10:48 AM

It's just so hard to believe that anyone would knowingly endanger children like this, but there it is, absolutely anything for money. Way to much focus on money in our world and the accumulation of wealth, really, really sad. This SHOULD be run 24/7 on tv, but of course it won't, very sad and disturbing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

"Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, who has received $873,000 in contributions from the pharmaceutical industry, has been working to immunize vaccine makers from liability in 4,200 lawsuits that have been filed by the parents of injured children."

----------------

#5 Old 06-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Veggie Regular

"But instead of taking immediate steps to alert the public and rid the vaccine supply of thimerosal, the officials and executives at Simpsonwood spent most of the next two days discussing how to cover up the damaging data."

I hear about this behavior so often it doesn't surprise me anymore.

"Newborns would be vaccinated for hepatitis B within 24 hours of birth, and 2-month-old infants would be immunized for haemophilus influenzae B and diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis."

WTF? Infants that young have next to no immune systems. Most infants in the first world aren't even at risk for these diseases. Why the unecessary intervention?

"A decade later, thanks to federal recommendations, children were receiving a total of 22 immunizations by the time they reached first grade."

"Science," says Offit, "is best left to scientists."

Yeah, and anyone who exercises the scientific method is a scientist. You don't have to have a degree to have a say in what goes on in science. What a bunch of arrogent @ssholes.

The idea of exposing a whole generation to a substance of questionable safety has always made me nervous.
#6 Old 06-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

thank you for the article. As a parent of an autistic 5 year old this makes me ill. I wish I had never gotten him vaccinated if I had known then I would not have.
#7 Old 06-17-2005, 03:25 PM

Horrible, right? This should be headline news, but watch it never come up anywhere mainstream, and this in a country that always presents itself as having children's best interests at the forefront. Nauseating at least, highly criminal, the pharm industry should be dismantled for many reasons.
#8 Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for posting--I've been following the autism-vaccine debate for a while now, and this is certainly an interesting development.
#9 Old 06-17-2005, 08:30 PM

Please forward the link all over too, it's the info age, let's take advantage of it and enlighten as many people as possible; as it relates to animals, this demonstrates what really matters to the pharm industry, so the argument of 'we're doing this all for human health, and the children', sounds like a massive load of ****. It really amazes me that anyone would do such a thing, knowingly endangering the lives of infants, children, people, just for money, I mean how many beach houses does one need?
#10 Old 06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyGoat View Post

Thanks for posting--I've been following the autism-vaccine debate for a while now, and this is certainly an interesting development.

Ditto.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#11 Old 06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular

It's interesting. I've had a lot of vaccinations during my life - especially as a child. My doctor actually commented not that long ago when he was looking at my medical history that I've had a lot. All he said was "your parents must care a lot about your health". My three siblings have had the same vaccinations as me. None of us had any problems with them, and none of us have autism. Although this is an anectdote, not scientific research, I would remain sceptical until I had done a lot more reading.
#12 Old 06-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlee View Post

None of us had any problems with them, and none of us have autism. Although this is an anectdote, not scientific research, I would remain sceptical until I had done a lot more reading.

No one is saying that vaccines cause autism in EVERY CASE.
#13 Old 06-20-2005, 08:21 AM

But they seem to in an unacceptably high number.
#14 Old 06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Always heard this too and refused MMR for my kid down here (not compulsory by law).

Take care with hepatitis vaccines btw, they can trigger MS later in life. This is true, I have a friend who was vaccinated when she was 20, she studied medicine and wanted to work in a lab (so was asked to vaccinate) and a few weeks later she got her first bout of MS. She's now - 20 years later- half crippled but in remission apparently (hasn't had any attacks in the past 8 years). My pediatrician (regular MD + homeopath) confirmed this but said all proof of it is being denied, officially.

No one knows EXACTLY what the link between the vaccines and the diseases is (mercury or anything else) but there does seem to be a strange correllation. I have had no vaccines at all as a child (my parents refused all, officially on "religious" grounds but in truth just because they were "veggie naturists") and neither has my sister. I gave my child on the legally required one (polio) which comes combined with tetanos, whooping cough and diphteria, but I had it given months later than officially recommended, and we added meningitis when she was one y.o. because there were severe epidemics down here at that time. I would basically recommend tetanos though (esp. if you keep horses or other animals, and/or live in a rural area) and polio, which is not eradicated at all and can be very bad. All the rest is BS imo.

I don't trust science, scientists (I'm a scientists daughter btw, hahaha ! -- I suppose my dad's a bit of a dissident scientist though...)or the government (any government) at all. Seems I'm in good company here on VB, LOL !
#15 Old 06-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_art View Post

"Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, who has received $873,000 in contributions from the pharmaceutical industry, has been working to immunize vaccine makers from liability in 4,200 lawsuits that have been filed by the parents of injured children."

Ugh! That kind of thing makes me sick to my stomach.
#16 Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

sigh. and sigh again.

Quote:
Since 1991, when the CDC and the FDA had recommended that three additional vaccines laced with the preservative be given to extremely young infants -- in one case, within hours of birth -- the estimated number of cases of autism had increased fifteenfold, from one in every 2,500 children to one in 166 children.

there are a whole host of reasons why numbers of children with autism could have gone up. thimerosol could possibly be one of them. or it could not be. this means nothing.

Quote:
The results "are statistically significant."

so are the results that larger shoe size correlates with better ability at math. mean anything in real life? not other than children aren't very good at calculus.

Quote:

"We are in a bad position from the standpoint of defending any lawsuits," said Dr. Robert Brent, a pediatrician at the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware. "This will be a resource to our very busy plaintiff attorneys in this country." Dr. Bob Chen, head of vaccine safety for the CDC, expressed relief that "given the sensitivity of the information, we have been able to keep it out of the hands of, let's say, less responsible hands." Dr. John Clements, vaccines advisor at the World Health Organization, declared flatly that the study "should not have been done at all" and warned that the results "will be taken by others and will be used in ways beyond the control of this group. The research results have to be handled."

yeah, out of less responsibly hands--like journalists and the general public who don't understand how to interpret scientific data. and it probably shouldn't have been done at all because of the way in which it was done.

Quote:

It's a concern that certainly deserves far more attention than it has received -- but it overlooks the fact that the mercury concentrations in vaccines dwarf other sources of exposure to our children.

really? including mercury from fish eaten by mothers while their children are in utero?

i don't think this article is anything new. just another piece of propoganda about this issue.
#17 Old 06-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

I don't know what to believe in this discussion. There still has not been anything hard enough that's made me go - I'm never vaccing my non-existent kid. Yet, it still raises questions in my mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page