I Need a Mommy Type Person! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

This is the first time I have started a thread here at VB, and I am sicky so be gentle please!

I have a deep cough and feel like some huge guy named Bubba is sitting on my chest. I cant breathe at all without coughing so hard that end up with a headache. My doctor is out of town and wont be back until Friday. I hate to go to the ER because I dont feel I am truly bad enough to take up time at the ER.

My problem is my Nana was full Native American and always could make me things that were veg*n friendly that made me feel better. She passed away in August and I dont know what to take that is animal friendly and that I am able to take as I am diabetic.

I have been drinking Ginsing and Mint tea but I think I really need something stronger. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

That could possibly be bronchitis,which means you would need an antibiotic.(I think)But I'm no doctor
#3 Old 06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Baby Love

Sorry, I don't have any medical concoctions, but I would suggest going to something like an urgent care center. They tend to work more like a doctors office than an ER (since they send all emergencies to the hospital).

Feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe a nice strong ginger tea? My mother swore by onion soup, but I hated it when I was a kid. I too would second the vote for an urgent care center.
#5 Old 06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just about to say it sounds like bronchitis, but someone beat me to it. I would go to urgent care... if you are having trouble breathing that is DEFINITELY something you need to have checked out.
#6 Old 06-01-2005, 04:39 PM

I have had bronchitis many, many times. I agree that your symptoms sound like bronchitis; the deep cough & tight chest are classic symptoms.

If I were in your situation, I would find an urgent-care clinic, like Jinga & strawberry suggested. If there's not one around, I would go to the ER. Bronchitis can lead to pneumonia, and shortness of breath is always something you should see a doctor about.

Feel better soon!
#7 Old 06-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks guys! I went and its pneumonia! *waving from the hospital bed* My nana always had an herbal cure and I never got sick like this! And I didnt know anything to take that was animal friendly and diabetic friendly. Thanks for the urging or I probably wouldnt have went yet!
#8 Old 06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Chevious View Post

Thanks guys! I went and its pneumonia! *waving from the hospital bed* My nana always had an herbal cure and I never got sick like this! And I didnt know anything to take that was animal friendly and diabetic friendly. Thanks for the urging or I probably wouldnt have went yet!

Hey, hope you get well, am glad you went to Hospital/medical centre....once your better, try and get in touch with a homeopathic doctor, they shud know whats animal friendly. Good luck.

Ghost.
#9 Old 06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

Oh my goodness, I've had pneumonia before, no fun! Feel better soon!
#10 Old 06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I battle COPD and it's definately no fun. I'm glad to see you got it checked out and are getting it taken care of. Things like this can turn really ugly if left untreated.

Ginger tea helps me when I'm feeling extra clogged and my meds don't work so well.

I second the naturalpathic idea. They may not be entirely animal friendly, but they will give you things that helps the body help itself.

Get better soon.
#11 Old 06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Feel better soon.
#12 Old 06-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstutzma View Post

Oh my goodness, I've had pneumonia before, no fun! Feel better soon!

My sister had in high school. She said they gave her a shot in the butt But then again, she took not the best care of herself.
#13 Old 06-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

ewww pneumonia sucks. get better soon.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#14 Old 06-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

aww that sucks get well soon, darling!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page