Food Issues Food Log - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Veggie Regular

For sharing those days when you just didn't eat properly.

To be differentiated from the "I Ate Today" thread, which is for sharing a full days worth of healthy, well-rounded vegetarian meals.

This is the place for the occasional grazers, junk food binges, and recovering EDs to post. A place also for support and encouragement, when we encounter food issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-12-2005, 11:30 PM

I'm going to start posting in this thread

B: 2 candy canes

S: Cookie

S: 2 candy canes

D: Big plate of Nachos

Ok actually now that explains a lot. I forgot to eat lunch. Gah.

I promise my eating isn't usually that bad.
#3 Old 01-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

well, i have eating issues, and i feel like I ate tonnes today, MUCH more than I usually do. however, it probably isn't what I should be eating. and at the end was unhealthy.

b: small baked potato w/ mustard and some salsa. less than half a tiny apple before it started making me sick. 2 mugs of green tea.

l: dulce de leche luna bar

d: veggie sushi, edamame, and miso soup. green tea. then lots of candy. which was the bad part.

the sad thing is today I ate at least twice as many calories as i normally do.

I wish I didn't feel like this. I should eat more, and I like eating, and I like food. but I feel so GROSS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 PM

If getting calories into you is a problem, have you tried smoothies? They really help.
#5 Old 01-13-2005, 10:03 PM

I would post what I ate but Kristadb would be chasing me trying to bonk me over the head.
#6 Old 01-13-2005, 10:05 PM

Not in this thread In the other thread, I'll beat you to a plup
#7 Old 01-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I post here. Because I eat crud today.

A smucker's Uncrustable sandwich and 2/3 a pint of strawberry rice dream

Bowl of cocoa puffs in soymilk

Pasta salad (w/ tomatoes, bell pepper, walnut oil, and spices). That was approaching healthy. I think.

I'm just going to hell with it and finish the rice dream then order Chinese.

I think I *would* eat better if restaurants were open at 4 AM. It's not my fault only convenience junk food is available when I'm awake and hungry.
#8 Old 01-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I've eaten nothing yet. Somebody tell me to eat!
#9 Old 01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

EAT!!

Your body and your metabolism will love you for it. So, eat! Cause you're worth it.

Man, I sound like a lame advertisement :P. But, I'm sure you get the message.

#10 Old 01-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

B: 2 cups of coffee

L: Eggplant grinder, let & tom

S: 1 glass of Odwalla Superfood

D: ?

I posted here, because I should of had breakfast.
#11 Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a few french toast sticks, 1/2 a bagel and some water today...

I have to get it together!
#12 Old 01-14-2005, 12:11 PM

rainbow - go to the store and buy the ingredients for my oatmeal mix. Then get yourself a bit of brown sugar and some soy milk to go with it. You'll get to eat one of your favourite foods AND not feel bad about it
#13 Old 01-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Today for snack I ate too much food. At first I just had an orange and a granola bar, which would be my normal snack. But then I ate some low-fat ice cream and two chocolate candies. I felt really bad, and then I threw it up. And then my stomach felt worse, and it scared me that I was throwing up my food, since it's only like the second time i've ever done it. Bad idea... my tummy hurts.
#14 Old 01-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

*Sigh* How do people restrict their calories so much? I'm trying to do 1500 but it's not working very well. I get too hungry and too crabby. I think my husband is going to leave me.

Today I ate:

B: Apple, 1 cup puffins cereal w/ rice milk + 1/4 cup frozen blueberries

L: Mock tuna salad made with chickpeas - I made the whole can and ate the whole can (also includes vegan mayo, dijon, and relish) on a huge bed of romaine

S: probably at least 5 tablespoons of peanut butter mixed with melted carob chips and a banana.

Now I have no more calories left to eat today.

ETA: I'm working on my second cup of detox tea so hopefully my gallbladder won't kill me.

ETA: I'm supposed to go out with my girlfriend tonite to the club. I feel so fat.
#15 Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Sally you sexy thing, don't even think that!
#16 Old 01-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^What she said!
#17 Old 01-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

can I make a suggestion for this thread? I think it's a good place to post not-good days of eating, but i think that just posting it won't help. A lot of people, myself included, are trying to get over SOME sort of eating problem, whether it's an eating disorder or eating too much junk food or not getting enough nutrients, and so on. So I think that people can post here their bad food days, but it should also be a place for people to tell us what we need to do to be healthier. you know, things like "eat more veggies. eat more calories. eat more in general"...see what i'm saying?

that said, I was home sick AGAIN (I think I'm dying) and so i picked alot. the things i ate:

onion rye toast w/ veg baked beans

light kettle corn

couple dried cranberries and pretzel sticks

uh, candy

dry cereal

and sezchuan vegetables (alot, but not the whole thing. and a few bites of rice)

for me, that is eating ALOT. I think I have a binge eating problem sometimes. It's like my body gets so hungry because I starved it for so long that I have periods where i just keep eating all day. I'm not sure how much I ate though, because I bet it's still under 1000. maybe more toast later.
#18 Old 01-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

porvida...get the damn candy out of the house. if you don't have it, you can't eat it, you don't eat it, you don't feel like **** for eating it, you don't feel like **** for eating it you get to post in the other thread, you post in the other thread you feel good about yourself and we're so proud of you.
#19 Old 01-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Yup Porvida, that's kinda how I saw this. "Hi I ate crud!" Then someone jumps in, "It's ok! Try to do this..."

I get those binges. That's how I eat "normally." Some days I just don't want/can't have a lot of food. And then the next day I'll have a large dinner, then two hours later a sandwich, then two hours later a huge bagel w/ vegan chicken salad, then wake up and want a full pancake, scrambled tofu and 'sausage' breakfast. This works for me. I mean ... I don't try to monitor my caloric intake. I just eat sh*tloads if my body is calling for sh*tloads. It must have tallied up my fuel levels.

Sally, I always thought you were totally hot and shocked to read you're trying to lose weight. Have some bread. (Unless wheat intolerant/problem). Bread makes you feel less yucky, I think. Rather than just... fatty piles of goo. Nothing WRONG with those piles of goo... But they can weigh on the tummy, I suppose.

Nt - Take this as a good lesson. Purging = Bad. Yucky feeling. Dun do it again! I try to place less emphasis on "three square meals." I know mommy drills it into your head forever "don't ruin your dinner!" But sometimes you gotta just eat when you're hungry, not plan for set meal times. If you had a lot at four o'clock, then you were hungry at four o'clock. The end. That's one of the great things about being an adult... You don't have to save room for dinner, anymore!
#20 Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Prairie_girl - With all due respect, I don't think Porvida should be trying to restrict at the moment.
#21 Old 01-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

b: 1 optimum power blueberry waffle, serv. of tofu, scrambled with onion and a small roma tomato. coffee with splenda.

l/d: some breadsticks and salad (lettuce etc with balsamic vinegar) and about 1/4-1/3 of my order of whole wheat linguini pommodoro.

now drinking a mug of hot silk nog. probably a pear later.

that's not enough, is it?
#22 Old 01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

You are correct Ann, it is not.
#23 Old 01-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

by how much? i feel like I ate tonnes and tonnes today.

and im so full.
#24 Old 01-15-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie_girl View Post

porvida...get the damn candy out of the house. if you don't have it, you can't eat it, you don't eat it, you don't feel like **** for eating it, you don't feel like **** for eating it you get to post in the other thread, you post in the other thread you feel good about yourself and we're so proud of you.

I disagree. For anything with an eating disorder, it's important to learn moderation in all foods.

Porvida, see what you've eaten today? Go and eat it all again in the same amount.
#25 Old 01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

today

brown rice pouch- 400 calories!! GAHHHHH

3/4c pb puffins

i should have stopped there!! but i ate a natures valley pb granolla bar...700 calories today gah i wasnt even hungry after the cereal.

im so horribly upset not bc of my food intake (although i only ate the granola bar bc i will be drinking and i dont wanna get sick, but then i have all the calories in the booze) but i am mostly upset bc i want to be done w this soooooooo bad. yesterday i ate normal although i was upset about the like 600 calories i consumed in booze...food wise i consumed about 1000. i though i was done...and now that i ate 1000 yesterday and 700 today + booze both days i cant do this anymore i thought i was done...i want eat normal. im soo ashamed that i didnt even last 2 days....
#26 Old 01-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

While trying to establish normal eating patterns for yourself... I would cut out booze for a bit. I know it's hard, but, it's a good idea, yea? I recognized this and shyed away from alcohol while I was trying to recover.
#27 Old 01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

i know it is sooo hard for me too i have been trying to cut back on the booze for a while now and i stopped drinking during the week, and am mostly just down to weekends. its just really hard because my stomach is sooo messed up, like ill eat and feel sooo naushous like horribly ill and it is really discouraging. thankyou for the advice, and i will keep trying to decrease the booze!
#28 Old 01-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Beginner

eeep...yesterday was not particularly good and i was doing so well. No proper meals so just a list

9 chocolate biscuits

handful mixed dried fruit

handful almonds

jar of pureed fruit

apple

1/2 punnet of blueberries

1/2 portion of chips (fries to americans)

5 chocolates

and then...

a whole bottle of red wine

oh dear oh dear
#29 Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

*laff* I ate like a weirdo yesterday...

I had barbeque seitan and one piece of bbq tempeh (i still don't like it), some roasted sweet potatoes, grilled eggplant and zucchini, and a few bites of a rice pilaf I didn't like -- all from Whole Foods.

Then I had 1/2 of my vegan chocolate chip scone

Later in the evening... I had a few handfuls of rice crackers mix, the other 1/2 of my scone, and a handful of trail mix.

I typically eat better than that... but that was pretty screwy. Today I've already eaten breakfast (ww toast w/ jam), and we're going to Zen Palate for lunch (woohoo!!) so I should be able to make up for yesterdays.. indescretions.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#30 Old 01-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

ok.

b: oatmeal cooked from 1/2 cup dry w/ cinnamon and splenda. glass of silk nog.

s: pretzels, choc. chips and dried cranberries...and i kind of...didn't keep it down. I know!!! argh it's so hard.

l: small amt of edamame (in pod) w/ salt, and quite a bit of white rice w/ braggs

i'm planning on a spinach salad w/ ff raspberry dressing and dried cranberries for dinner, but if I feel like being good I'll have half a chickpea salad sandwich on ry w/ ff nayonaise, mustard, and lettuce.

good/bad? (i mean, besides the purging part, which i know is terrible)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page