Food Issues Food Log - Page 28 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#811 Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

AnglOfDance: So it really hurts so bad you can't eat mor than, like 8 strawberries in a day?

unaprincessa228: if it really was her gall b ladder , she wouldn't be able to eat 8 strawberries at all

unaprincessa228: she'd eat stuff liek crackers, pasta, rice, BLAD BLAD BLAD stuff. not raw fruits and veggies cuz they hurt liek the worst of everything

unaprincessa228: and generally speaking gall bladder isn't that bad at our age, i'm just a freak

AnglOfDance: how 'bout smoothies? fruit smoothies and stuff. are they good?

unaprincessa228: nope teh dairy

unaprincessa228: from teh yougert

unaprincessa228: and once again the fruit is too harsh on teh digstesion

unaprincessa228: which is where you get teh pain

unaprincessa228: your gall bladder is trying to digest but can't

unaprincessa228: cuz it's too hsarsh and abraisive on it which is when you've pain

AnglOfDance: that's what I thought. thanks. I'll tell her that. so stuff like crackers and toast and rice are good? how about whole grains?

unaprincessa228: those are fine

unaprincessa228: anything bland and tasteless and low in fat and no grease

AnglOfDance: cool beans

unaprincessa228: yessum

AnglOfDance: speaking of beans... good or bad?

unaprincessa228: should be good, but all depends on how they're prepared

So thee you go, AL. crackers. toast. beans. pasta. rice. and when she tells me where she gets her fat, I'll edit to include it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#812 Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyway, I should fess up:

-A lot of ice cream.

-Mandarin Iced Tea, a clif builder bar.

-I wanted to just have more ice cream, but I made myself pick up real food. Sesame noodles (with tahini, sesame seeds, carrots, celery, and tofu). Which I consumed a lot of.

That's like, three sittings worth of food... but I think it's actually a good amount of calories. On account of the Soy Delicious. Hehe. I'm going driving, and I'll either end up at my favorite night spot and get carrot cake, or come home and heat up a TV dinner. I probably need a vegetable. Actually I think I want some juice. Cake and Naked juice!
#813 Old 03-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Veggie Regular

AL: As I said in your granola bar thread...you need to be hospitalized now. In the hospital they will do all kinds of tests including Gall Bladder and anything else that might prevent you from eating etc... I have been in the refeeding precess twice now, so believe me when I say...it is a lifesaver. I have been there: afraid to eat ANYTHING, weighing close to nothing, procrastinating, eating toilet paper because I got so hungry...then forgetting that paper could have calories, and purging. I have, and still am feeling the effects. Just let go...let your parent or whoever take control of your life and body, and admitt you to the hospital. Don't even think about it. Just give in, and give up trying to have control. Please.

Angel: Just want to say that your friends use of the word teh is very funny/cool .

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#814 Old 03-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

AoD: WE ordered the Ultrasound, because MY doctor wouldn't. 2nd, thank you for the talk w/your friend, I already knew most of that. I have certain food I can/cannot eat. last night I also had like a teaspoon of my "homemade ricemilk" (it tasted like CRAP!) I almost then later towards the night it started hurting.

My Family, unlike most people here, *not naming any names* TRUST & BELIEVE IN ME. When I say it hurts, they darn right believe me. Theres to many facts that I have that lead right to GBD. but, if GB is not thought of, it sound JUST like AN

I am on my own most nights, or at work, etc. They can't always "baby" me.

remuda ranch: I talked personaly with someone who's been there, and I HATED the PLACE right off!

Dosh ~
I am not going in the hospital, Thank you for caring, but no I am not going.
#815 Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

NOA: Also, some of you might want to start watching your months. *not naming any names* becuase you might find some of the members here getting fed up and leaving.
#816 Old 03-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Autumn Leaves -

I still support you, and I know it's hard, and I know you're aware of your problems, otherwise you wouldn't post here. People will yell at you until they're blue in the face, but ultimately, your health relies on your own actions. I just don't think they have the right to judge you, since they're not you and not your doctor. They can't even see you. I trust that you know how you feel better than the people in this thread do.

Anyway, onto talking about myself...

I think I'm leaving this thread. Arguing isn't solving anything. I just feel that I have no reason to even post what I actually ate, because while I really do have FOOD ISSUES, my FOOD ISSUE is less important than those of others who happen to eat more.
#817 Old 03-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Kat, I too think I am going to leave this post also for a while.

I pray things start working out for you.

God Bless
#818 Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Vegankat, what? Where did you get that idea?

Did you all ever see The Brady Bunch Movie? "Cut the crap, Jan." That's the approach I take to adamant eating-refusers. Because I have been in the place where you just refuse food, or only have an orange. And what I needed, was someone to say, "cut the crap, you can't starve yourself."

Coddling wouln't help me. That's why I go in assuming it won't help other people. So ya, I'll rag ya.
#819 Old 03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

#820 Old 03-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

i'm going to be a ***** here and say that i'm pretty sick of this thread. it's probably stupid to say this because this is the "food issues food log" so I probably shouldn't have complaints, but...geez, guys. the posts that I think belong here are the ones like glamboy's, where she knows she didn't eat enough but ATE MORE THAN 8 STRAWBERRIES, or when people eat too much chocolate or whatever. What kind of a crap vegetarian place is this? (not vb, this thread) food. it's good. you eat it. you don't die. basic bodily functions. no, i dont eat enough. yes, i know i don't. do I try? mostly. do I have days where I eat nothing? not anymore. i dont even post what i ate here anymore because i'm competing with the people who had tea for every meal. would everyone just do me a favor and please freakin' eat??? you're not going to get fat!!! some of you are so tremendously, scarily underweight. i KNOW it's hard to just eat. i've BEEN there. but you know what I realized? its as easy as picking up the fork and putting it in your mouth. who cares if your stomach hurts. it's better than DYING.

maybe i'm in a bad mood because of all the homework i have. sorry if that was mean, or something. i'm not really a good judge of meanness.

I think Provida says it well. Honestly, I think this thread should serve as a place for those who:

1) Acknowledge that they need to improve their eating habits.

2) Take to heart the suggestions of other posters.

3) Are obviously making an effort to become healthy.

If not, theres really no point other than to 'flaunt' the fact that you aren't eating well and refuse to get better. That type of person belongs in the care of a qualified physician not here. I haven't been posting in either food thread because I haven't been eating healthy enough to be in the IATT and I can't handle reading some posters self-destruction in here.
#821 Old 03-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

If not, theres really no point other than to 'flaunt' the fact that you aren't eating well and refuse to get better. That type of person belongs in the care of a qualified physician not here. I haven't been posting in either food thread because I haven't been eating healthy enough to be in the IATT and I can't handle reading some posters self-destruction in here.

I honestly thought this was going to be more of a "Oh jeez normally I eat well but today I ate a tub of ice cream and cookies!"

Not...I ate gum today...and every day this week

#822 Old 03-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityAJO View Post

Vegankat, what? Where did you get that idea?

Did you all ever see The Brady Bunch Movie? "Cut the crap, Jan." That's the approach I take to adamant eating-refusers. Because I have been in the place where you just refuse food, or only have an orange. And what I needed, was someone to say, "cut the crap, you can't starve yourself."

Coddling wouln't help me. That's why I go in assuming it won't help other people. So ya, I'll rag ya.

I was really grouchy when I posted, and I just don't like seeing all this going back-and-forth between people.

You see, this food log has become insanely counterproductive. It triggers me. It makes me defensive about my eating disorder all over again, when I had just made several steps toward recovery. It makes me wallow in it, and others, too.

I think no one is actually getting anything from this place anymore, other than "Oh, you poor dear, let me hug you and pet you" or "OMG, you're so stupid, why don't you just go eat?!" This place is not being used as it was intended. Either we bash others, or we go on forever about literally NOTHING, ie. what we (some? most?) (didn't) eat.

I don't like either extreme. It's not helping anyone. Half of my problem, and I think I can assume that of certain others, is because we're obsessing over it, over how much food we're not going to post in the food log, and we're getting attention for it. And I don't like that. I'm ready to obsess over something like LIFE now.

I quit. I hate this thread.

EDIT:

Also regarding your support techniques -

While your approach tends to work for me, I think I must reiterate my feelings on recovery in Autumn Leaves' case (as well as in the case of others who have made absolutely no progress toward recovery):

but ultimately, (her) health relies on (her) own actions.
#823 Old 03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by vggiegirl View Post

I honestly thought this was going to be more of a "Oh jeez normally I eat well but today I ate a tub of ice cream and cookies!"

Not...I ate gum today...and every day this week

I think that part of the purpose, but I believe its also a good idea for those who don't eat enough, but are obviously making the effort to develop a healthy attitude towards food. Its should be a support thread for those wanting and willing to change ... If you only want to eat that stick of gum no matter how much everyone else pleads for you to eat something, no one here can do much for you until you make the decision to get better.
#824 Old 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityAJO View Post

For sharing those days when you just didn't eat properly.

To be differentiated from the "I Ate Today" thread, which is for sharing a full days worth of healthy, well-rounded vegetarian meals.

This is the place for the occasional grazers, junk food binges, and recovering EDs to post. A place also for support and encouragement, when we encounter food issues.

Just pulling up the original post to this thread.

Vegankat, I can see why you find this thread triggering, its one reason I've avoided it recently.
#825 Old 03-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Is there anything myself or others could do to help make it less trigering towards others?
#826 Old 03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Baby Love

Autumn, I can only speak for myself but a lot of it has to do with you and your refusal to eat or be hospitalized for your disorder. You truly don't seem to want to get better and seem unwilling to recognize and accept the damage you are inflicting upon your body. Its very sad to read. I don't think anyone on VB can help you and I hope you get professional help in the very near future. You are worth it.
#827 Old 03-25-2005, 01:21 PM

Okay, I just get to this thread and everyone leaves.

I have great plans of eating right today: (and I will be successful because I'm still the one in control)

1/2 Luna bar before the gym (gave me all kinds of energy--love those things)

B: 1/2 serving oatmeal

S: 1 Fruit Leather and 4 apple cinnamon Quakes (vegan and awesome tasting)

L: About to have a huge salad and a small portion of lentils

S: Will eat another fruit leather or a baked apple w/stevia and cinnamon (both count as a portion of fruit)

D: either a bean burger and brocolli or a couple soy dogs and carrots

(if I get hungry later, maybe a Ryvita with sugarfree jam)

(it's really hard not to compulsively post every calorie in these foods! )

So what does everyone think of that attempt? I'm getting really nervous now that I'm reading it over because it seems like a lot but, since I'm in control, I will eat it!
#828 Old 03-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Different - That looks pretty good
#829 Old 03-26-2005, 12:27 AM

Mmmmm calorie. So right. I am ignoring the bull s*it that is taking place with the eat less than you contest, and am continuing my own log of not so healthy but hell it is an attempt, food log.

2 oranges, 2 cups of broccili and 2 cups of spinach with mustard, 2 cups of lentil mint soup and i am pumping calories by the hundreds, of almond butter as we speak.

Autumn, take a break from this log until you have decided not to show off your amazing talents of starvation. Attractive and amusing, but alson harmful and belittling.

Chin Chin.

GB
#830 Old 03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

glamboy,
#831 Old 03-26-2005, 08:40 PM

^^^

Today

a banana, a pear, a kiwi, 2 1/2 cups of flax granola (dont ask) and a soygurt....the 2500 calories consumed in almond butter has sustained me from further hunger.

GB
#832 Old 03-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Banned

so far i've had a mini waffle with homemade raspberry sauce, a mug of coffee with 1/2 teaspoon of raw sugar, 1/2 a small leftover grilled vegetable burrito and about 1/4 cup spanish rice, and a little chocolate. we're going to go get boba soon......and i'm not sure if I'll eat much else today. having kind of a bad day food and me-wise. but i ate!! and I've been eating...and unfortunately gaining weight....which needed to happen but ahhhh so much!
#833 Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Chin up Porvida. Sounds good, so far. If I were you I'd go out and enjoy myself and probably eat a lot of ice cream later in the evening. Ice cream is so perfect before bed.

I have eaten: Carrot Juice, and a raisin bran muffin for breakfast.

Naked Vanilla Chai Protein shake because I was too lazy to buy real lunch.

...I think I'm gonna have an edamame & sweet rice burrito (whole wheat tortilla, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic)...

Chips would ne nice, too.

Then I probably will eat that ice cream that Porvida should have.
#834 Old 03-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Banned

mm ice cream. well i know i'm going to have some steamed collard greens with lemon juice. i had a lavender icy (lavender flavor and ice, basically) with boba....and i'm honestly not hungry but i have been CRAVING these greens!
#835 Old 03-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

I was told not to come read this and avoided it for a while. I'm back reading and, I have to say, that I am so disappointed with the posts here. It seems like some of you are eating less instead of more.

No wonder people think vegetarians don't eat or all have eating disorders. So disappointing.
#836 Old 03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

good news! with dinner i had some pita pieces and hummus! not enough but BETTER than just greens!
#837 Old 03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Beginner

Wait to go Porvida!

I didn't make nearly enough calories today, so I won't post, but tomorrow should look better. I'll post then.
#838 Old 03-29-2005, 04:02 AM

Hey everyone...not sure if anyone really remembers me, its been a few months since I was around.

Well....my news....: Im Eating, And Eating Right Amounts.

It's hard, and tough and sometimes I wanna give in and go back to eating nothing...but I don't. I got the help I needed (well, my mum pushed me into it..lol....thank you mum!), and my weight is going up-and, surprise, surprise... eating a meal didn't make me wake up the next morning 1000000 kg heavier. My BMI is almost back to healthy....and I'm re-discovering the joy of food.

I beg everyone to go and try to find the help they need, or to just sit down and EAT.

Anyway...just thought I'd share that

Here is my average day:

Breakfast:

Big Bowl of porridge (i think its also known as oatmeal?) with soymilk

Two peices of multigrain toast with sugarfree strawberry jam

Big mug of milo (chocolate/malt hot drink thing)

Snack:

Juice! I love juice....I try and have a fresh squeezed juice everyday. Oarange and pineapple is the best-try it!

Lunch:

Sandwhich (when I'm at school) with guaccomil (sp?), tomato, cucumber, cheese, english spinach (im in love with this stuff in my sammys), sundried tomatoes when we have them and whatever else is thrown in that we have in the house at the time on multigrain bread/roll.

If its a weekend: a big fruit sald (apple, pear, two plums, orange, banana, strawberries etc) mixed with yoghurt.

Dinner:

Whatever mum cooks up....her brown rice bake or vege spag bog is a fave.

Throw in a small smoothie as a snack sometimes if I'm hungry after school.

Yes, I still struggle. Alot, at times. I have bad days and good days, but I make myself eat...I need it to be healthy and to have the energy and strength to do the things I want to do. And that, mainly, is to live.

*hugz* to everyone....you're all beautiful

~Gabs
#839 Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh I am SOOO proud and happy for you Gabbles!! I think you're the success and hope that this thread needed.

Please DO keep up the good work/healthy eating!
#840 Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Banned

today wasnt as great as other days, but i ate healthy things!

b: a mango

l: (?? i guess you could call it that, it was a few hours after breakfast but not necessarily lunchtime) a baked potato w/ mustard/salsa

d: random stuff....some salted edamame, some garlic basil pasta with light marg. and salt, 2 collard leaves with sea salt and lemon juice
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page