Dealing with Fibromyalgia - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-24-2004, 12:07 PM

Hello to all ! For those of you that don't know me, my name is Heather I am a 37 yr old mother and wife. I have been living with fibromyalgia for over 6 years now. This condition, for those of you that are unaware, causes me to be in chronic pain (some days very severe pain), I am constantly tired, some days it is difficult to think (like being in a fog). I would be interested in talking to anyone else that is afflicted with this invisible nightmare, or if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

I would like to say again how happy I am to have found this board. I love coming here and reading about how other veg*ns deal with the different aspects of their lives. Everyone is so kind and willing to help the newbies like myself.

Thank You

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Banned

Fibro is connected with your sleep cycle. Been there, conquered it with the help of some fabulous drs. If you do not go into the recuperetive muscle mending sleep cycle, this causes fibro. We started with 50 mg Prozac in the morning and 50 mg Elevil at night. There was an immediate lessening in pain and fog.

If you are under great stress. If you are sleep apneac or narcoleptic that is contributing to the condition. Have a sleep study done. I got the sleep apnea in control with a bipap (breathing machine), took the medication, and can honestly say 90 percent of the time I do not have fibro symptoms. It is like heaven. The first day that I was halfway through the morning and had done all my kitchen, and realized I wasn't hurting, I just stopped and cried from relief.
#3 Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular

many of my clients for yoga have fibro. along with sleep, i'd also look for diet related issues: sugar, white flour, wheat, processed dairy, and soy could all be things that cause a few problems. exercise often helps in the long run, but is hard to get started when you're foggy, tired, and in pain--am i right? for these clients, i do a lot of Thai Yoga Massage work--which is what my husband calls "lazy man's yoga" where you just get to lay there and be while another person stretches you out and makes ya feel good. many of my clients go from severe pain to pain free in a few short months (as few as three, in a couple of cases).

though, i'm sure you're already exploring all of your options. glad that you're here and i wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page