VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Health Discussion (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/)
-   -   300 lb VEGAN NFL Football Player?! | David Carter Interview (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/200737-300-lb-vegan-nfl-football-player-david-carter-interview.html)

BiteSizeVegan 01-25-2016 07:57 AM

300 lb VEGAN NFL Football Player?! | David Carter Interview

Defensive lineman David Carter was a meat-eating, milk-guzzling, BBQ-loving football player. About the furthest from vegan you could find. Then he saw a documentary and everything changed. Hear David talk about his conversion and the impact it's had on his health, athletic performance, and conscience. He has some very powerful words to share.

Crouton 01-25-2016 01:57 PM

Great interview, he's such a nice guy. It's interesting how much he talks about tendinitis. Tendinitis is a huge problem for me, and I'm currently in the process of going fully vegan myself, it will be interesting to see if it effects my tendinitis at all.

One thing that always bugs me about these big athletes (it's not the athlete's themselves) but I ALWAYS see meat-eaters commenting on things saying "That body was built on meat, that's the only way it's so big". I've seen people say this about athletes even a year or more after the person converted. In a years time a body would deteriorate if it "needed" meat and dairy for protein and wasn't getting any. But the fact that he's still huge proves you can be that big on a vegan diet. But I still see the same stupid comments over and over of him only being that way because of meat.

BiteSizeVegan 01-27-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crouton (Post 3886265)
Great interview, he's such a nice guy. It's interesting how much he talks about tendinitis. Tendinitis is a huge problem for me, and I'm currently in the process of going fully vegan myself, it will be interesting to see if it effects my tendinitis at all.

One thing that always bugs me about these big athletes (it's not the athlete's themselves) but I ALWAYS see meat-eaters commenting on things saying "That body was built on meat, that's the only way it's so big". I've seen people say this about athletes even a year or more after the person converted. In a years time a body would deteriorate if it "needed" meat and dairy for protein and wasn't getting any. But the fact that he's still huge proves you can be that big on a vegan diet. But I still see the same stupid comments over and over of him only being that way because of meat.

I know! that's the comment so many say. One of the athletes I interview, though, Torre Washington (have had him on twice) was raised vegetarian and then went vegan and then became a hardcore bodybuilder and kicks meat-eaters asses all the time at comps. He's one you can't say that about!

And so glad to hear you're transitioning! Really hope it helps the tendonitis!

Crouton 01-28-2016 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan (Post 3888953)
I know! that's the comment so many say. One of the athletes I interview, though, Torre Washington (have had him on twice) was raised vegetarian and then went vegan and then became a hardcore bodybuilder and kicks meat-eaters asses all the time at comps. He's one you can't say that about!

And so glad to hear you're transitioning! Really hope it helps the tendonitis!

Yeah some people will do anything to convince themselves that the body "needs" meat, and that athletes and big muscly people can't be vegan, even when the proof is staring them right in the eye.