How Not to Die- by Dr. Greger - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

#31 Old 01-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Oryzatarian

Lots of people dont seem to like the title.
As someone with access to several medical journals I found it amusing. All the time I read papers that show the tested intervention prevented some specific outcome to a specific degree and also prevented just death in general to some specific degree. They'll be like 'this herb cured belly button fungus in 67% of patients, oh and it reduced death in general by 13%'.
I always found those bits inexplicably amusing so I got a laugh out of 'How not to die'.

I just finished reading the book. For those who cant afford it, just watch every video on nutritionfacts. They cover most of the more sciencey information in the book, the book just puts it into a much clearer order and format and includes useful tips and some practical food tips.
Tweety and LedBoots like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-13-2016, 02:46 PM

I'm in the middle of reading this book right now and I'm enjoying it. It's one of the reasons I've decided to change my eating habits for the better and cut out all animal products. As for the science and the research and the tests, I take them all with a grain of salt and don't get too invested in them. Dr. Greger's overall advice and message that animal products should be eaten as little as possible and more whole foods should be eaten is what I'm taking away from the book. And it's good advice and a good message. And I don't view it as a guarantee that I won't get any of these ailments, but if you can help yourself be healthier by changing your nutritional habits why wouldn't you?

Also, I saw this at Costco and picked it up to read. Hopefully other folks shopping there will be curious and toss it in their basket on top of all the other junk they are buying and read it later and then possibly change their attitudes towards food. One can only hope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page