• 2 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By BiteSizeVegan
  • 2 Post By BobJustBob
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 2 Post By TerriNC

#1 Old 12-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

How NOT To DIE: Foods That Add Years | Dr. Michael Greger

What are the leading causes of preventable death? Which foods are scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease? Are diet and exercise enough? Can diabetics eat fruit? What’s the connection between diet and mental health? Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org answers these questions and more as we discuss his new book “How Not To Die.” See the link in the description for your own copy and learn the top 15 preventable causes of death and the 12 foods to eat on a daily basis to add years to your life!
Purp, LedBoots and Naturebound like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

So grateful for Dr Greger for his nutritionfacts.org site!
I have this book on order from the library but I'm gonna order it now

Question--you say proceeds go to charity-is that all sales or should I go through somewhere besides amazon?

great interview Emily! (You should been on a treadmill too!)
#3 Old 01-02-2016, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
So grateful for Dr Greger for his nutritionfacts.org site!
I have this book on order from the library but I'm gonna order it now

Question--you say proceeds go to charity-is that all sales or should I go through somewhere besides amazon?

great interview Emily! (You should been on a treadmill too!)
the website says "all proceeds"
Purp and LedBoots like this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Got my own copy! Returned libraries right away
Purp and TerriNC like this.
#5 Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Vegan since 1991

Encouraging: During the week of December 27th, there were 2 vegan books in the New York Times Bestseller Top 10: "How Not To Die" and "The Thug Kitchen": http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...eous/list.html

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 01-09-2016 at 04:13 PM.
#6 Old 01-10-2016, 05:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Got my own copy! Returned libraries right away
awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Encouraging: During the week of December 27th, there were 2 vegan books in the New York Times Bestseller Top 10: "How Not To Die" and "The Thug Kitchen": http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...eous/list.html
Oh yay
Purp likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#7 Old 01-17-2016, 02:04 PM

I bought five copies of this book and gave them as Christmas presents to my siblings and to my two nieces who are in their mid-twenties. I hope that they will read the book and enjoy the same health benefits I have from adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet.
#8 Old 01-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
I bought five copies of this book and gave them as Christmas presents to my siblings and to my two nieces who are in their mid-twenties. I hope that they will read the book and enjoy the same health benefits I have from adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet.
such a great gift. I sent some around myself as well ;P

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#9 Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
How Not To Die
What are the leading causes of preventable death? Which foods are scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease? Are diet and exercise enough? Can diabetics eat fruit? What’s the connection between diet and mental health? Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org answers these questions and more as we discuss his new book “How Not To Die.” See the link in the description for your own copy and learn the top 15 preventable causes of death and the 12 foods to eat on a daily basis to add years to your life!
Great interview, Emily. Now I need to find this book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
HOw many people gave these books to themselves as Christmas presents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
Please adopt me.
David3 likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#10 Old 01-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Mine is on the way!

EatPlant-Based.com
#11 Old 01-25-2016, 05:44 AM

Yay! I just discovered Dr. Greger and love is website. I wanted to order the book but couldn't decided if I wanted the Kindle version or a reaal book. I am thinking real book When researching Dr. Greger I was surprised to learn that some people think that the Humane Society and Dr. Greger have some kind of weird conspiracy. I was unaware that people are suspicious of the humane scoiety. They have a website called humane watch and I am still not too sure what this is all about. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page