VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Health Discussion (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/)
-   -   How NOT To DIE: Foods That Add Years | Dr. Michael Greger (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/198513-how-not-die-foods-add-years-dr-michael-greger.html)

BiteSizeVegan 12-30-2015 11:29 AM

How NOT To DIE: Foods That Add Years | Dr. Michael Greger
 
What are the leading causes of preventable death? Which foods are scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease? Are diet and exercise enough? Can diabetics eat fruit? What’s the connection between diet and mental health? Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org answers these questions and more as we discuss his new book “How Not To Die.” See the link in the description for your own copy and learn the top 15 preventable causes of death and the 12 foods to eat on a daily basis to add years to your life!

silva 12-30-2015 04:06 PM

So grateful for Dr Greger for his nutritionfacts.org site!
I have this book on order from the library but I'm gonna order it now

Question--you say proceeds go to charity-is that all sales or should I go through somewhere besides amazon?

great interview Emily! (You should been on a treadmill too!)

BiteSizeVegan 01-02-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 3861305)
So grateful for Dr Greger for his nutritionfacts.org site!
I have this book on order from the library but I'm gonna order it now

Question--you say proceeds go to charity-is that all sales or should I go through somewhere besides amazon?

great interview Emily! (You should been on a treadmill too!)

the website says "all proceeds" :)

silva 01-09-2016 03:53 PM

Got my own copy! Returned libraries right away

David3 01-09-2016 04:06 PM

Encouraging: During the week of December 27th, there were 2 vegan books in the New York Times Bestseller Top 10: "How Not To Die" and "The Thug Kitchen": http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...eous/list.html

BiteSizeVegan 01-10-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 3871385)
Got my own copy! Returned libraries right away

awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3 (Post 3871401)
Encouraging: During the week of December 27th, there were 2 vegan books in the New York Times Bestseller Top 10: "How Not To Die" and "The Thug Kitchen": http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...eous/list.html

Oh yay :)

BobJustBob 01-17-2016 02:04 PM

I bought five copies of this book and gave them as Christmas presents to my siblings and to my two nieces who are in their mid-twenties. I hope that they will read the book and enjoy the same health benefits I have from adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet.

BiteSizeVegan 01-19-2016 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobJustBob (Post 3880081)
I bought five copies of this book and gave them as Christmas presents to my siblings and to my two nieces who are in their mid-twenties. I hope that they will read the book and enjoy the same health benefits I have from adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet.

such a great gift. I sent some around myself as well ;P

Purp 01-19-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan (Post 3860969)
How Not To Die
What are the leading causes of preventable death? Which foods are scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease? Are diet and exercise enough? Can diabetics eat fruit? What’s the connection between diet and mental health? Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org answers these questions and more as we discuss his new book “How Not To Die.” See the link in the description for your own copy and learn the top 15 preventable causes of death and the 12 foods to eat on a daily basis to add years to your life!

Great interview, Emily. Now I need to find this book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3 (Post 3871401)
Encouraging: During the week of December 27th, there were 2 vegan books in the New York Times Bestseller Top 10: "How Not To Die" and "The Thug Kitchen": http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...eous/list.html

HOw many people gave these books to themselves as Christmas presents? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobJustBob (Post 3880081)
I bought five copies of this book and gave them as Christmas presents to my siblings and to my two nieces who are in their mid-twenties. I hope that they will read the book and enjoy the same health benefits I have from adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet.

Please adopt me. :p

TerriNC 01-20-2016 05:17 PM

Mine is on the way! :)

Sarahfay 01-25-2016 05:44 AM

Yay! I just discovered Dr. Greger and love is website. I wanted to order the book but couldn't decided if I wanted the Kindle version or a reaal book. I am thinking real book :) When researching Dr. Greger I was surprised to learn that some people think that the Humane Society and Dr. Greger have some kind of weird conspiracy. I was unaware that people are suspicious of the humane scoiety. They have a website called humane watch and I am still not too sure what this is all about. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.