• 1 Post By EpicJinx
  • 2 Post By EpicJinx
  • 1 Post By Poppy
  • 1 Post By Tweety
  • 2 Post By EpicJinx

#1 Old 12-16-2015, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Alternative treatment?

Hello all! Merry Christmas soon to be. Have a question, I'm going to get reiki performed 35 pounds not sure how long. I just wondered has anyone had reiki/reflexology/acupuncture done and it helps? Ive read a lot about it. Instead of waiting for my eyes to fully get there, which has been a year. I do warm compresses on and off with watching my diet and what I'm drinking. Hoping it will help. But has anyone had first hand experience to say... It works? My bf hardly believes but I'm all for speeding up recovery, if this fails im might try the others but acupuncture sounds sore? (Not sure). Anyway, thanks alot! Also ive said but I hope your Christmas Day is nice. I know its early but hey ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi EpicJinx! I have no experience with reiki or acupuncture, but once I went to an alternative therapy type of place to get a message, and in the waiting room there was this guy who had rheumatoid arthritis. He told me he was there for accupuncture, and he said it was doing wonders for him. I asked if it hurt and he said you barely feel it. If I had the money and could benefit from something like that I might try it. Have a merry Christmas!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 12-17-2015, 05:23 AM
Beginner

Thank you so much for your reply, it helps i do have piercings but I dunno about needles around the eyes lol. Nice to know that it helps someone, i just recently wondered this question as I see so many forums/pages on it. And as again you too! x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Acupuncture is fine - I've had it done a lot with physiotherapy - you don't feel much of anything. It's pretty normal to feel a little discomfort when the needles are inserted, but not pain. Now mind you, I haven't had it done on my face, (only on my foot, neck, back) but it's nothing like a piercing. If you use the muscles around it it feels a little funny but not sore.
#5 Old 12-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I am a Reiki practitioner and find it does help lots of people. I don't have acupuncture experience, but have heard only good things. The needles are so very tiny, like a hair.

I'm so sorry you are still having eye problems. I sent you some distance Reiki healing for your whole self just now.
EpicJinx likes this.
#6 Old 12-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Beginner

Thanks guys this helps me a lot more. im so glad I can post here and get a lot of great replies. I'm glad you dont feel pain, it's just i read its varied for everyone, might give it a shot if something else fails. Also, i forget the name of the second person for the reiki, thank you so much for that it makes me feel a little more at ease. I'm going to go for reiki after the holidays because of stress/eyes are red which brings me down but due to my tablets no symptoms of any sort! . But thanks for all the advice/help. It helps me because I know very little of each but these three, seemed to me like they would be most helpful for my situation. I will update how reiki goes, it's only 35, not sure how long too. But cant wait now.
LedBoots likes this.
#7 Old 01-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Beginner

Arrow Update

Decided, ill try acupuncture first, then reiki several days after the first treatment to see how it goes, looked up a lot of forms on acupuncture, people claiming its cured them of the problem. I will just be happy, if my redness reduces and water levels go up. Scared, but will give it a go. Doing this weekend, hopefully.
LedBoots and Beautiful Joe like this.
#8 Old 01-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Ankle Biter

I've just scheduled my first session of acupuncture 3 weeks from today. I'm going to have it done on my hands - the base of the thumb joint.
EpicJinx likes this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#9 Old 01-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I had 4 acupuncture treatments and four therapeutic massages for neck and shoulder pain...alongside some conventional medicine treatment. Not sure which worked, or if it was a combination, but the pain went away.

Unfortunately I have small tear in my shoulder and the inflammation and pain is returning. But not as bad as when I sought out treatment.

Good luck.
EpicJinx likes this.
#10 Old 01-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Beginner

Smile Update

Okay, so my other treatment didn't happen (sadly), acupuncture I mean. Reiki did, I went yesterday very nervous I told the receptionist why I was there, I got told to sit and wait. So I did. Some woman came out, and asked if it was me for reiki, I agreed then she offered me to take herbal tea/biscuits. June finally arrived, she told me what happened, I told her my reasons why I was going. She told me, I could do pretty much whatever, talk/stop it at any point as it was my appointment. Now... the werid stuff, she started to say relaxing things like: work on my breathing, thinking of waves and various other things. Eventually, I was relaxed my face wouldn't stop twitching, then eventually calmed. I seen my thought, but it wasn't quite in focus like they were floating. The main things I remember is: A wave, with the grey colour, then a white being just white... like a figure but it was blurry white, after I asked June what it meant, she said... "Do you believe in spirits"? I agreed. She then, told me she asked an angel for peace, and told me it was Gabriel the angel. Also, my face appeared paler, and I got told I responded well. I agreed too... It was werid, another thing I remember was feeling intense heat on my face. I'm much calmer, but will only last a few days, I also got her card from her. Now to try, Acupunture.
Tweety and LedBoots like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page