Jamie Oliver Trying To Sell Meat, Dairy & Eggs as Healthy - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SmellyVegan

#1 Old 11-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Jamie Oliver Trying To Sell Meat, Dairy & Eggs as Healthy

Well Jamie Olivers new book "Everyday Superfoods" has come out and I just think it's ridiculous. He made some big talk with Tim Shieff about plant based diets, "meat eaters aren't looking good" etc. He even says he studied with the best nutritionist for three hours a week for a year. And yet, the recipes in the book contain some red meat, eggs, chicken, fish, cheese, yoghurt and other animal products.

I really fail to see this as a plant based book. It just seems like he is capitalizing on a growing public interest in health to make money. I'm not against making money off health, but the recipes are not healthy... and they are not kind (to animals)! It's just standard food with some extra vegetables and healthier seasonings! I'm sure my fellow vegans feel the same...

See this video if you want more info on his book in detail and why it's not healthy.
Windigo likes this.

Last edited by SmellyVegan; 11-03-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2015, 01:04 AM
The prowling wolf

Jamie Oliver is a commercial giant and has always been. He sells everything from cookware to books to cooking classes. He's not interested in making people healthy, he's interested in where the money is.

Superfoods are a trend, so it was only going to last so long without Jamie hopping on board. Most people eat meat and dairy; so ofcourse Jamie includes them in his book. That's because he wants most people to buy his book. He's a chef, not a nutritionist and certainly not the health guru he's proclaimed to be by some.

I'm not surprised at all; I've know for a long time that Jamie isn't what he says he is. Look at what he does, not at what he says.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#3 Old 11-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

He has published a lot of vegan recipes on his site and I like that he's encouraging people to eat more plant based at least. I don't think he ever claimed to be a vegetarian he's just getting more interested in vegetarian food which is still a good thing, I remember his show from years ago and it was ridiculously meat based so considering where he started from he's been making some positive changes.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

He has some wonderful curry recipes
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/r...-curry-pastes/

I loved him when I had the food channel years ago. I loved his kitchen, and his garden.
Since then he seemed kind of jerkish. I last saw him on a show where he talked to kids and showed them how processed chicken nuggets had all the parts. As if that were gross but the other parts of a dead bird weren't 0_o
#5 Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 PM

If you watch the Food Network nearly every program is heavily meat based, and egg and dairy......I guess it is all about comfort foods, and to most people that means meat, egg and dairy foods.

#6 Old 11-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Sirstompely

It's so strange to see, seeing as how many vegan recipes he's done. Everyone seems to live in this delusion that milk, meat and eggs are healthy because that's just what they grew up learning. We detach ourselves from what meat really is, dead animals. I liked Jamie Oliver but it's sad to see he's selling these products as super foods when they're not.
#7 Old 11-04-2015, 06:36 PM

the term 'super food' would probably be over stating any food's health properties.

#8 Old 11-06-2015, 11:44 PM

Alright so Jamie Oliver has some nice vegan recipes, and eating meat dairy and eggs with alot of plants is better than straight meat dairy and eggs. However, this book is being marketed as supremely healthy, and it is not. It's a straight up deception and people are getting hustled. It's a classic of "mixing in a bit of truth to create a believable lie"...
#9 Old 11-09-2015, 07:51 PM

Got a remix too for entertainment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page