Finally, National Media Attention that Milk Does NOT do the Body Good - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
  • 7 Post By TerriNC
  • 1 Post By Capstan
  • 2 Post By Gita
  • 1 Post By Spudulika
  • 1 Post By danakscully64

#1 Old 07-18-2015, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Finally, National Media Attention that Milk Does NOT do the Body Good

Finally, national media coverage that suggest milk does NOT do the body good after a study from Sweden that followed a huge number of people (one study with 61,433 people and another with 45,339) for 20 years and showed that high milk intake (the current 3 glasses a day recommendation) was associated with a 60% higher risk for developing hip fracture and increased mortality risk.

http://blog.eatplant-based.com/scien...the-body-good/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EPB.com Purchased.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	10921  

EatPlant-Based.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Impeach the gangster

It's about time something was done. There are a couple of generations of propaganda to be overcome.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 07-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, you never know. At one time they believed smoking tobacco was also "good for you."
RedTeaAddict and TerriNC like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

The Paleo phenomenon, has also seemed to help propagate the notion that added fats (principally fatty dairy products like 'organic grass fed butter' and 'organic whole milk') are important health foods in a so called 'balanced' diet.

I've no idea where this idea that consuming saturated fat, and especially saturated fat from the baby foods of another species, is essential to adult human health. Oh, unless it's from decades of financially motivated propaganda from big agri business in league with government and media? After all, when looked at objectively, it's completely anti-intuitive. Did our ancient ancestors need to chase down the pregnant mammals of other species in order to suckle on them? Was this the secret of our success as a species? I'm guessing not.

More recently I've been questioning the need (for health rather than for flavour) to add any kind of artificially refined fat to one's diet, unless of course you don't already eat a sufficient quantity of nuts, seeds and whole grains? I quite like the flavour that added fats provide, but I try not to indulge too much as don't see them as essential to my health.
TerriNC likes this.
#5 Old 07-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

This isn't the first study I've read. Years ago I read a reliable study that linked milk consumption to osteoporosis.

TerriNC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page