Had to see a dentist today - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 PM
No flesh since 99'

Had to see a dentist today

I had to see a dentist today to have a cavity filled. It's been there for quite some time (since before I went raw). I could feel it was getting bigger and would likely have started hurting soon. I have been using homemade remineralizing toothpaste since around the time I went raw and have been using a water flosser for several months. Unfortunately, this cavity was probably too big to begin with for the remineralizing toothpaste to help. Besides the cavity, the dentist noted my teeth looked good. I asked about all the fruit I've been eating. He was fortunately not too judgmental and said my oral hygiene routine was actually very good considering the high levels of sugar I was consuming. Just reminded me to wait for a while after consuming acidic fruits before brushing and that I still needed to use regular floss in addition to the water flosser.

I just had to comment on the office too. I haven't been to a dentist in YEARS seeing as I very rarely have issues with my teeth and generally avoid doctors/dentists if at all possible. HOLY CRAP! I'm used to a little waiting area and you get shown back to the chair to wait for the dentist and that's about it. I wasn't even sure I was in a dentists office, they had a super fancy waiting room with a waterfall and indoor/outdoor seating. I didn't ask for one (or really care) but they gave a full tour of their "facility", on premise lab, 'sedation room' and all kinds of totally random 'spa' crap I'd never imagine at a dentists (some kind of hot wax to dip your hands in, no thanks!). They had a TV for you to watch while the dentist was working (umm, how would I watch TV with 2 people hovering over my face with lights and a bunch of loud instruments in my mouth?). They also really pushed sedation or some kind of pill (probably cost more?) instead of novacaine (which I would figure, being localized, was the least harmful option). I wanted to go to a spa for a relaxing day, I would. I guess people must really expect some kind of 'special experience' at the dentists these days! Just thought I'd share my experience. Anyone else ever been to such a 'fancy' dentists office before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

No, but I was impressed when my obstetrician's waiting room had a hot beverage machine! I'd probably love your dentist.
#3 Old 06-09-2015, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I have noticed dentists offices are getting nicer, well, the ones that cater to adults that is. The pediatric dentist my son had to see for a while looked just like the dentist's offices of my youth, complete with stickers and cheap toys to give out. :P

I say whatever gets people taking care of their teeth is a positive thing. I dont have dental coverage, so prevention is worth a pound of cure, in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page