Nail fungus - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-15-2003, 12:18 PM

Possibly as a result of many hours spent with wet hands working at a potter's wheel (or from some nasty smelling slip), I seem to have gotten an early case of finger nail fungus. Does anyone have recommendations of treatment and/or nutritional support?

Thanks in advance,

Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Clay can do that??? I'm gonna be extra careful next time I work with it...

I know some fungal infections require a doctor's attention. Of course, fungus is all very different. Is it like athlete's foot type of fungus?
#3 Old 04-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.leavesoflife.org/advicesheets/fungusnail.htm

Hope this helps although it is for athletes foot... one would think it would work or at least help with other fungi too!

Goodluck with it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-15-2003, 12:57 PM

Don't worry too much, Astarte, I worked with clay for a long time before this happened -- and I'm not even sure that's why I got the fungus. I just noticed one day that a few of my nails looked "different" somehow -- kind of like part was sort of "lifting" a bit.

Went to the doctor -- she said it was the beginning of a fungal infection and suggested some rather expensive medicine -- and to try and keep my hands dry as much as possible. Thought someone might know of a homeopathic treatment. In the meantime I'm going to try doing my pottery (just a hobby, not my job, btw) with thin latex gloves on -- that should be interesting....

cheeno -- I'm not sure if this sort of fungus is the same sort as the athlete's foot type, but I'll certainly go by the site and check it out. Thanks.

Shalom,

Gail
#5 Old 04-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Cheeno,

Thanks for posting that site link!
#6 Old 04-15-2003, 09:26 PM

For nail fungus nothing beats tea tree oil applied to the cuticle 1-2 times a day. I know it has helped me.

Also No Miss makes a nail fungus product sold in most health food stores but I have not used it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page