"40 year old vegan dies of heart attack" Video, is this legit? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

#31 Old 09-06-2014, 08:21 AM

Flax oil has a particular taste that is a bit strong. And when it is rancid, it is horrible an you should not be eating it anyway. I keep a small bottle in the fridge, 6 weeks top and also grind my own.

I put flax oil on my oatmeal, in my smoothies and in salad dressings with other strong flavours like tamari, nooch etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekale View Post
I LOVE naps and I HATE flax seeds. I'd rather live a shorter life with fewer flax seeds and more naps than a longer life....

Just saying...

Ken
Lol! I hate flax seeds, too. I only add them to things where I can't taste them. For other things, I use chia, which I love. They don't have much of a distinct flavor.

Unlike many people, I hate napping and always have. If the sun is up, I want to be out living life.
#33 Old 09-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Occasionally I'll add flax seeds to my oatmeal in the morning....some other days I add hemp or chia seeds...flax isn't the end all as far as omega's go...but to me they have practically no taste.

I live a quite full life...and am able to do so because I sometimes recharge with a nap...I don't always live life when the sun is up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-07-2014, 10:34 AM

I use to get my omega 3, 6, 9 from different sources in my diet. Either my body wasn't metabolizing it or I wasn't getting enough.
I think the taste is being exaggerated on this thread. Put them in a smoothie and you wouldn't notice a thing.

A better way of stressing the importance of flax seeds is to say if being vegetarian makes you Superman. Then flax seeds are the sun's rays.

Last edited by Button Man; 09-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page