Allergies - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Can becoming a vegan affect your seasonal allergies?

I've always had terrible, debilitating seasonal allergies to the point where I had to take sick days because my head was so messed up. Usually my allergies flare around the end of March until the beginning of June.

Oddly, I haven't had any this year. I don't know how but I think being vegan has something to do with it because it's the only change I've made (e.g., I still live in the same area, I'm not taking any medications, etc.).

Has anyone else noticed an improvement to their season allergies since becoming a veg*n?

There isn't enough love in the Universe....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Veggie Regular

My food allergies worsened with veganism.

My allergies include peanuts, naproxen, tree nuts, sesame seeds, pollen, acetylcysteine (I discovered that unpleasantly when I overdosed on Tylenol, got the antidote and my throat closed up), dust, cats, dogs, mold, fish, avocados, bananas (and most tropical fruits). I've been blood tested by an allergist.
#3 Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

A bit. Mostly it was the cutting out dairy aspect for me. My doctor had suggested that, given my shcwack of allergies, it wasn't unreasonable to guess that I'd have dietary allergies as well and that they could complicate things for me. No more dairy, less coughing and a slightly increased ability to breathe through my nose. Of course, if I want to function I still need my daily antihistamine, neti pot, and strict protocols for dealing with allergens (like cleaning my guinea pig's cage).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page