I've seen this happen in other people's lives, and now it's happening in mine - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 AM

My life's barely begun and yet I'm fighting off death and its indiscriminate lasso already. Last night and this morning I've found blood in my stools: quite unambiguously blood. Although I'm a cold, hard cynic who frowns and spits upon superstition or its sisters, I've recently had this underlying belief that my digestive system has had something the matter - this despite no pains or problems. Then last night, i unexpectedly got the confirmation; they say that the gut and brain are very closely linked and talk to each other almost constantly...it seems they were right. I know that it's not something minor; i can feel that it's aggressive and is ready to throw me into the eternal nothing. Anyway, I'm only the tragically young age of 21 and now I am a was.

Can anyone assuage my crippling fear perhaps - has this happened to anyone else? Is there a chance that I'm NOT living through the beginning of the premature end? Any help or comfort would be appreciated immensely.

I've an appointment with the doctors tomorrow by the way, i was unable to get one today.

Thanks

Wit-and-Wisdom/Rattleprattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Im sorry if this sounds rude...but you havent been to the Doctors and are you self diagnosing?
Its never a good idea.
You will make yourself ill worrying!

Try and stay clam till youve seen someone. Theres not really anything that will make it better till youve seen a professional.
#3 Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, if you see red blood then it's more likely just a hemmeroid or similar.
Internal bleeding appears as black stool, not red blood.
Call a doctor and see what's up though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-05-2011, 11:19 AM

My stool now appears to be black (and brown). I've just moved to this city and have no idea how to go about getting a doctor at this time of night. All surgeries are closed
#5 Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Have you tried looking for a walk in clinic in your area. Just google it and see what comes up for your area.
Walk in Clinics tend to have longer hours.
#6 Old 10-05-2011, 11:46 AM

Yeah, i have. It's closed!
#7 Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

You have an apointment tomorrow. The only thing you can do is try and keep your mind occupied this evening and get some rest.
Not brilliant advice Im afraid
#8 Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

It would be extremely rare for blood in the stool to signify anything deadly in someone your age. Try not to worry, your appointment tomorrow will be soon enough with the symptoms you describe. The tests they may order, however, are not fun :/

I'm a nurse btw. Try to relax, I am sure you have a long, wonderful life ahead of you.
#9 Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Any chance you've eaten beets recently?

Have you been constipated or forced any recent bowel movements?

I agree with the others that most likely it's not serious and just hemorrhiods or fissures. I had an ex who reacted very similar when the same thing happened to him. He assumed the worst and called up all his friends and family crying hysterically assuming this was the end. The next morning the doctor examed him and diagnosed him with hemorrhoids.

Try not to stress and worry over it. Keep yourself busy to get your mind off of obsessing over it.
#10 Old 10-05-2011, 01:42 PM

I've just a feeling that it's serious, i can almost feel it. Nonetheless, i'm gonna make some sweet potato chips and watch a film to take my mind off it. Hopefully tomorrow brings news of relief at the least. I'll keep everyone posted and thank you for all your input.

For now

T'ra
#11 Old 10-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Indeed, try to relax until tomorrow! Worrying will get you nowhere & will be of no help. Good luck for tomorrow, I hope everything is fine and dandy.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#12 Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Dude. No doubt. Go to the doctor. Blood in the stool will warrant some further investigation, an exam for starters.

Also...positive thinking helps you stay well!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#13 Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wit-and-Wisdom View Post

I've just a feeling that it's serious, i can almost feel it. Nonetheless, i'm gonna make some sweet potato chips and watch a film to take my mind off it. Hopefully tomorrow brings news of relief at the least. I'll keep everyone posted and thank you for all your input.

For now

T'ra

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck tomorrow and remember to remain calm and breathe!!
#14 Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, it sounds like it's time to do a little poo-poo in the pot and get tested.

*Kicks the smiths jukebox into action* "His stools are black on the outside cos black is how he feels on the inside".

m8itcanw8.com
#15 Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Banned

I'd say go to Emergency. No point waiting. At least I wouldn't.
#16 Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Are you taking decongestants? Really high doses make me bleed out the ass (and nose) See the walk in clinic as soon as you can.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#17 Old 10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Did you go to the doctor? Everything ok?
#18 Old 10-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^^Girlfriend, where have you been?????!!!!! I"ve missed you not being on here, and I was really glad to see your name on the last post on here.....Stick around! How are you anyway?

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#19 Old 10-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Im not trying to be rude...but wouldnt a PM have been more appropriate for your post?
#20 Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Couldn't the same be said for your post?

<<wonders if W&W has been to see the doc yet.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#21 Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Couldn't the same be said for your post?

<<wonders if W&W has been to see the doc yet.

I was wondering the same...

and perhaps. But I was making a statement, not starting a friendly conversation with an old friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page