What on earth is going on... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Veggie Regular

So I've had mild intermittent abdominal pain for a few months. Then my testes started feeling a bit uncomfortable. Last week, my left hand felt numb/tingly, then my right, then my left foot. Now my ulnar nerve hurts a little in my elbow. I'd say carpal tunnel, but well that doesn't affect feet...

I've seen the doctor, and am going again today.

Umm, any ideas? It's like I'm falling apart or something...I do take 100mcg B12 everyday, so if it's that, some absorption problem? I'm going to try to get an MRI to rule out neurological diseases. I'm at a loss. I really don't want to die, and I really really don't want to have to live with something terrible for the rest of my life.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

whoa....slow down there dude! any cervical spine unjuries or any compressed spinal nerves anywhere? that's a place to start looking since your cervical spine nerves control your arms.....lumbar nerves control your legs. so have you had any car accidents or falls lately?

did they do any xrays or labwork? Have them look at MS symptoms, but usually you'll have some eyesight and balance problems with that.

The important thing here is that you don't take ANYTHING you get off the board as medical advice, and yes, you need to continue to follow up with your Dr. for more testing.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#3 Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Kidney Stone?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

whoa....slow down there dude! any cervical spine unjuries or any compressed spinal nerves anywhere? that's a place to start looking since your cervical spine nerves control your arms.....lumbar nerves control your legs. so have you had any car accidents or falls lately?

did they do any xrays or labwork? Have them look at MS symptoms, but usually you'll have some eyesight and balance problems with that.

The important thing here is that you don't take ANYTHING you get off the board as medical advice, and yes, you need to continue to follow up with your Dr. for more testing.

They've done some lab work, urine and blood, and nothing came back.

And don't worry, I know not to take medical advice from the internet. I'm just looking for things to discuss with my doctor.

#5 Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

It's possible that there is simply some nerve impingement, or compromised circulation. Trying to think back to my education in dermatomes, I believe that the nerves from C6 or C7 affect the hands. Maybe go in for a massage and describe the symptoms, if it doesn't fix you, it should at least alleviate some symptoms until you know what's going on.

(PS, median nerve compression is carpal tunnel )

(Edit, tell them to work on your neck if they're a stupid RMT and don't know what I'm talking about lol)
#6 Old 06-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Did you get a B12 test?

Have you been taking any other supplements, like B6 for example, which can be neutrotoxic at high doses?

Lee Rogers
ANIMAIA, the Novel -- Message me for a free copy.
www.animaia.com
#7 Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obankobi View Post

They've done some lab work, urine and blood, and nothing came back.

Hmmm... that's odd.
How old are you? Do you take care of yourself (exercise and eat well, etc.)? Are you under any extra stress?
If could just be "one of those things" and it might go away on its own, but if the pain continues have the doc do some extra tests to nail down the cause.
#8 Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm 20, I do eat well and exercise quite a bit. I am under quite a bit of stress from my summer chemistry course.

I just got back from the doc, he ran a ton of blood tests, and nothing. He's sending me for an ultrasound, I didn't like his CT idea, not a fan of high radiation. If the ultra shows nothing, I'll ask for an MRI, there's one here in town. I have no idea why they would even use a CT for abdominal stuff, except for cancers. I highly doubt it's cancer, as do they, MRI would make a lot more sense, according to my limited knowledge of such things.

My hands are tingling a lot less. May have just been a compressed nerve or something, like Limes said.

As for B12, I take Deva multivitamins, and I'm fairly certain excess B12 is excreted through urine anyway, I'd have to take a heck of a lot to overdose on it.

#9 Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

ultrasound of what? what did he specifically want to do a Ct scan on? I can see if you were just having leg symptoms, but not both arm and legs.....Have you been tested for Lyme disease? That can mimic a HOST of other illnesses, with nothing being specific enough to catch on it's own.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#10 Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Beginner

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I just have to say, I love your picture. (Huge Doctor Who fan here)
#11 Old 07-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

CT scans are common for info on spines I believe...
#12 Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not entirely certain, but I think MRI's are used for nervous system stuff. I know they're used for brains anyway, I'd assume spines as well, they're quite similar. Anyway, I'm getting an ultrasound done Friday. Hopefully that will uncover whatever "it" is, and I won't have to get a CT or an MRI!

#13 Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck Obankobi. I hope the ultrasound is successful in determining the cause of your issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page