i have a ridiculously fast metabolism! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

i have a physical disability (minor case of cerebral palsy), so i burn energy and calories up to 3-5 times faster than "able bodied" people. i'm pretty much your everyday garbage disposal, i eat constantly and still only weigh somewhere between 100-110lbs.

my point: it is april 17th, it is supposed to be spring here in canada. it is about 3 degrees celcius and snowing. i decided i was going to go for a walk/jog around the block just 'cause i'm an adrenaline junkie and i felt like it. i was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt and a zip up hoodie and my parents were like "put a coat on, it's freezing!", of course i didn't and by the time i came back inside i was sweating.

anyone else have a metabolism like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

i wish. mine is like a slug on sedatives. swap ?
#3 Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Such beautiful flowers and interesting pieces like a snake

I hope you like beautiful flowers, but flowers do not like your whole life!

Best wishes to live healthy and happy moments, I hope most beautiful moments in life you spend

Always be attractive because the snake nut!

#4 Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a fast metabolism. I can't withstand the cold like you can, though. I'm always freezing. I consider it a blessing that I can eat all I want and not gain weight, though apparantly it won't last forever. My mother used to be like me and then when she hit her 30s, she began to gain weight. So I'm enjoying this while I can!!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#5 Old 04-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

My friend's daughter has CP as well and they have to feed her a really high calorie, high fat diet.
#6 Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Im like this, my metabolism is like a gerbil on speed! I love it, I eat whatever I want, I eat 3000-3500 calories per day and am still hungry! Im like five eleven, one twently lbs. Im always cold too, in summer here in florida I sleep with a comforter.

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#7 Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Man, I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, I have inherited my mother's sloooowww metabolism. Ahh well.
#8 Old 04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have a fast metabolism, but I eat the right foods for my human body and therefore pack away 3,000 or more calories per day.
#9 Old 04-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I H.A.T.E Y.O.U

haha, just joking, but i'm envious
#10 Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 AM

I have a fast metabolism too, and sometimes it can be a PITA! I just joined the National Guard and I am underweight by their minimum standards: I am 97 lbs and 5'4" and the minimum is 110. I've been stuffing myself w/high cal foods like PB constantly, but still haven't gained anything. And yes I am always freaking freezing! So sick of it, but hopefully I will start gaining soon!
#11 Old 04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

Mine is like 10 slugs in 1 Erin, wanna trade?
#12 Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrum View Post

I have a fast metabolism too, and sometimes it can be a PITA! I just joined the National Guard and I am underweight by their minimum standards: I am 97 lbs and 5'4" and the minimum is 110. I've been stuffing myself w/high cal foods like PB constantly, but still haven't gained anything. And yes I am always freaking freezing! So sick of it, but hopefully I will start gaining soon!

i hear ya, i've never been able to donate blood because you have to weigh 110lbs and i've never weighed that. i didn't weigh over 100lbs until i started university and ate burgers and chocolate all the time in residence..... hmmm maybe try weight training? muscle weighs more than fat.
#13 Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

I have a fast metabolism. I can't withstand the cold like you can, though. I'm always freezing. I consider it a blessing that I can eat all I want and not gain weight, though apparantly it won't last forever. My mother used to be like me and then when she hit her 30s, she began to gain weight. So I'm enjoying this while I can!!

yeah, my sister was skinny like me until she was actually a little older than me (i'm almost 22). i still try to watch a bit just 'cause i don't want to end up diabetic like my parents.
#14 Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

My friend's daughter has CP as well and they have to feed her a really high calorie, high fat diet.

yeah, i had an old friend that had CP as well and her parents had to give her homo milk and stuff like that. i was at the doctor sometime when i was in high school and they brought in this dietitian explaining my weight in comparison to my height and the average for people my age and healthy eating and whatever asking how much i ate and my dad was like "she eats all. the. time."
#15 Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

give a little, get a little?
#16 Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

Im like this, my metabolism is like a gerbil on speed! I love it, I eat whatever I want, I eat 3000-3500 calories per day and am still hungry! Im like five eleven, one twently lbs. Im always cold too, in summer here in florida I sleep with a comforter.

i like it i remember going out for breakfast with a few friends last summer and i ate more than any of them and they're all taller/larger than me, it's fun. i don't know how many calories i eat in a day, but it's ridiculous.
#17 Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

That many people with speedy metabolisms, I had to check it wasn't an April fools joke!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page