Weird feeling & taste in mouth - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

This is strange, maybe a good thing, I don't know.

Earlier this week, I was on a pickle kick (chick pea salad w/ sweet/hot pickles) and ever since my mouth has had a squeeky clean feeling, extremely wet but I have a strange metalic taste in there too. This taste is making me not like certain things, like coffee. My mom says she gets this when she drinks vinegar. Do you think this could have been from the vinegar in the pickles and is it a good thing or a bad thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe the acidity killed some of your taste buds and they need some time to grow back.
#3 Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm I just finished eating a salad with a healthy splash of balsamic vinegar and I noticed that 'squeaky' feeling as well. But no metallic taste that I can distinguish. I'd imagine pickles are more vinegar-y though? I hope it gets better soon, being deprived of enjoying coffee is horrid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
being deprived of enjoying coffee is horrid!

It might be a blessing in disguise. I've been on a green tea kick since this has been going on. It's probably better for me.
#5 Old 04-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Banned

if you're not pregnant and haven't been doing a bunch of E, i reckon i'd blame the vinegar- its got acids in it, dude! if its not gone in a week or two i might go wave my tongue at the doctor just incase though.
#6 Old 04-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

if you're not pregnant and haven't been doing a bunch of E, i reckon i'd blame the vinegar- its got acids in it, dude! if its not gone in a week or two i might go wave my tongue at the doctor just incase though.

LOL Here's how big of a dork I am...I thinking..."Vitamin E..what foods have vitamin E in them...hmmm OHHHHHHH not THAT kind of E...)LOL

Just remembering another thing I did last week. I went on a serious orange and grapefruit binge (darn raw food thread). I probably just stripped my mouth completely!

Bite your tongue on that being pregnant crack HCJ! Two hoodlums is all I can handle!!!
#7 Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

vitamin E.

..... you have to admit though.... cravings for pickles is a worrying sign.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page