What is the most effective over-the-counter weight loss pill? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 AM

I know I need to exercise and gain a healthy lifestyle, but what are the best weight loss pills to help support my weight loss?

Or is there any vitamins/mineral that will support weight loss?

Answer 40 simple questions and receive a personalized online method of weight loss of 5-7 kg per month.

Your Personalized Diet Plan in 15 Minutes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

Not that I know of. Even if there was I can't see how they'd be healthy.
#3 Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin01 View Post

I know I need to exercise and gain a healthy lifestyle

Then that is what you should try, because weight-loss pills are not a healthy or permanent solution to weight issues. You need to put in the hard graft to get lasting results.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 AM

Start making gradual substitutions to your diet, eliminating processed, refined, preserved, artificial foods from your diet. Bump up your whole grain consumption, eat a high-fiber diet with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, stay well hydrated with non-caloric beverages. Avoid artificial sweeteners which trick your body into storing fat. These are just some suggestions, not necessarily something you need to do all at once. Your body is a complex machine, and like any machine, it is only going to perform as well as the fuel you put into it. Portion control is key.
#5 Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

ex lax juuuuust kidding. i honestly don't think there is any healthy diet pill on the market. if you really want something you should talk to your dr about it but even those are questionable.
#6 Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Supposedly alli has some effectiveness... but you MIGHT poo your pants. Not a fair trade-off, in my opinion.
#7 Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM

From what I understand they're all just stimulants, so you're running your body harder than it should - like slamming back too many coffees. I don't know if that's as supportive of long term weight loss as it is a quick fix. I'd agree with the others above and say that the best weight loss solution is healthy eating, portion control, and exercise!
#8 Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

The best combination is healthy moderate eating mixed with a cardio/weight lifting plan. Weight loss pills are bad news. Here's something that may also interest you:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...iet&highlight=

The Big Bad.
#9 Old 04-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Beginner

healthy diet. Supposedly green tea helps as does acai berries. I have heard Alli is a good one but yes you MUST eat a low fat diet with it. Too much fat and you will have issues like a previous poster pointed out.

Really think about the fact that the majority of people that do lose weight with diet and exercise(pills or no pills) gain it all back UNLESS they have changed eating habits(essentially there diet) for GOOD. I have lost small amounts up to 40 lbs many times with watching calories and exercising. I always gain it back eventually and the reason is I did not change my eating CHOICES just limited it. You really have to dig deep record your food and helps to try other things like eating only when you have 3 good growls from you tummy. You will start to see that you do eat out of other various cues than pure hunger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page