A question of mental health? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, see, I have this problem.

Sometimes it seems to me like everything I set my eyes upon are either smaller than usual or a great deal farther away.

In other words, it looks slightly warped.

It doesn't happen a lot of times, but the feeling can carry on for 10-15 minutes if I'm unlucky or 2-5 if I'm lucky.

I went to a optician with this, and he told me that it wasn't a matter of my eyesight, but instead that it could have a neurological cause.

Does anyone have an idea about what this could be?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

my husband is an optician, I'll run it by him when he gets home.....

just a thought, do you think it could be some kind of a low blood sugar thing? My eyes get weird when mine is low.
#3 Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

My perspective gets weird when I dissociate, so if that's an issue for you, it could be that.

life's not a paragraph
and death i think is no paranthesis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

my husband is an optician, I'll run it by him when he gets home.....

just a thought, do you think it could be some kind of a low blood sugar thing? My eyes get weird when mine is low.

Hmm, I don't think that's the cause because I ate some time before it happened today.

But I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myria View Post

My perspective gets weird when I dissociate, so if that's an issue for you, it could be that.

Possible, but it can happen when I'm sitting at my computer as usual without doing anything unusual.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#5 Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I would suggest seeing a neurologist. It also could be dissociating/depersonalizing but you don't mention any other symptoms.
#6 Old 01-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

I would suggest seeing a neurologist. It also could be dissociating/depersonalizing but you don't mention any other symptoms.

Thanks, I will!

#7 Old 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM

I know what you're talking about. It's like looking thru the binoculars but from the other end of it. I got that a few times from staring into a TV. When it happens everything looks further away. I never thought of it as a problem becouse it wears out in a few minutes. It's probably nothing.
#8 Old 01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the green tooth View Post

I know what you're talking about. It's like looking thru the binoculars but from the other end of it. I got that a few times from staring into a TV. When it happens everything looks further away. I never thought of it as a problem becouse it wears out in a few minutes. It's probably nothing.

Makes me feel like I've run down with some mental illness though.

#9 Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 PM

No, you're fine. Btw, I wear glasses/lenses. Maybe this phenomenon has to do with that. Who knows? But it does makes me feel ackward when I get up and start walking instead of waiting until it goes away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page