VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Health Discussion (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/)
-   -   A question of mental health? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/14-general-health-discussion/108166-question-mental-health.html)

Envy 12-30-2009 12:17 PM

Well, see, I have this problem.

Sometimes it seems to me like everything I set my eyes upon are either smaller than usual or a great deal farther away.

In other words, it looks slightly warped.

It doesn't happen a lot of times, but the feeling can carry on for 10-15 minutes if I'm unlucky or 2-5 if I'm lucky.

I went to a optician with this, and he told me that it wasn't a matter of my eyesight, but instead that it could have a neurological cause.

Does anyone have an idea about what this could be?

Treehugger267 12-30-2009 02:40 PM

my husband is an optician, I'll run it by him when he gets home.....

just a thought, do you think it could be some kind of a low blood sugar thing? My eyes get weird when mine is low.

Myria 12-30-2009 02:52 PM

My perspective gets weird when I dissociate, so if that's an issue for you, it could be that.

Envy 12-30-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

my husband is an optician, I'll run it by him when he gets home.....

just a thought, do you think it could be some kind of a low blood sugar thing? My eyes get weird when mine is low.

Hmm, I don't think that's the cause because I ate some time before it happened today.

But I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myria View Post

My perspective gets weird when I dissociate, so if that's an issue for you, it could be that.

Possible, but it can happen when I'm sitting at my computer as usual without doing anything unusual.

bluegrrrl79 12-30-2009 10:02 PM

I would suggest seeing a neurologist. It also could be dissociating/depersonalizing but you don't mention any other symptoms.

Envy 01-01-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

I would suggest seeing a neurologist. It also could be dissociating/depersonalizing but you don't mention any other symptoms.

Thanks, I will!

the green tooth 01-01-2010 03:52 PM

I know what you're talking about. It's like looking thru the binoculars but from the other end of it. I got that a few times from staring into a TV. When it happens everything looks further away. I never thought of it as a problem becouse it wears out in a few minutes. It's probably nothing.

Envy 01-01-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the green tooth View Post

I know what you're talking about. It's like looking thru the binoculars but from the other end of it. I got that a few times from staring into a TV. When it happens everything looks further away. I never thought of it as a problem becouse it wears out in a few minutes. It's probably nothing.

Makes me feel like I've run down with some mental illness though.

the green tooth 01-02-2010 12:28 AM

No, you're fine. Btw, I wear glasses/lenses. Maybe this phenomenon has to do with that. Who knows? But it does makes me feel ackward when I get up and start walking instead of waiting until it goes away.