An Inconvenient Truth - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 11-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the transportation of the meat is only one part of the equation, as Irizary outlined. It was learning about the atrocious waste of water and grain, as well as the horrible pollution created by factory farms in particular that convinced me to be vegetarian in the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 11-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

I was originally responding to the myriad of posts claiming that the movie was balsnak for not saying meat eating causes global warming.

What does the word balsnak mean? I could not find it in any on-line dictionaries.
#93 Old 11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

Gore has been called and is considered a loon for even broaching the subject. Throwing the veg idea into the pot would have not helped his position in the eyes of the public imo. That seems fairly obvious to me.

I agree. Bush the Elder derisively called him "Ozone Man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

I also bet that Gore et al are omnis, as is his audience.

I dunno. I've heard rumors that he may actually be a vegetarian, but "in the closet." Here in Tennessee, many vegetarians in politics or the entertainment industries find it prudent to remain "in the closet."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

BTW, the movie is scheduled to be out on DVD by November 21, according to my video rental store.
#95 Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

I dunno. I've heard rumors that he may actually be a vegetarian, but "in the closet." Here in Tennessee, many vegetarians in politics or the entertainment industries find it prudent to remain "in the closet."

That is possible, as vegetarian politicians who are "out of the closet" seem to become more known for being a "vegetarian" than any of the policies and views they promote.

In Canada the leader of the Green Party, Elizabeth May, is apparently a vegetarian, but she keeps that fairly quiet. The first environmental battle I was involved in was led by a vegan, but even though I spent countless hours with her each week and the two of us went on many trips together to talk to government officials I still had no idea.
#96 Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What does the word balsnak mean? I could not find it in any on-line dictionaries.

It means "crap".
#97 Old 11-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I agree. Bush the Elder derisively called him "Ozone Man."

i find that funny

Quote:

really? are you being serious? probably not but it would be great if he was.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page