Saskatchewan - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Saskatoon. The only place I've looked for vegan cheese is Safeway and Sobey's and it all has casein. I haven't looked at Dad's Nutrition yet, they have quite a few vegan items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I was in Steep Hills Food Co-op on the weekend and they have vegan cheese. They had Vegan Gourmet Cheddar and Veganrella Mozarella.
#33 Old 05-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Oh goodie! I will have to make a stop there the next time I visit family in Saskatoon. I've been having a hard time finding vegan cheese here in Regina. The mock soy cheeses I have found usually contain casein.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just there on Thursday and it looked like they had more in. I love that store.
#35 Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 PM

I go to Dad's nutrition in Saskatoon. It has good stuff!
#36 Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I love Dad's selection of different flours and what-not. I havent' been there in awhile though...I don't have a car and it's a bit of a pain to get to it from where I live.
#37 Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 PM

i live in Saskatoon. just trying to get by, finding places to shop for vegan friendly food, its tough!

although i am surprised with Superstore how they opened up a new section with dairy free and vegan stuff.

anyone have any suggestions of how and where to shop?

i feel so alone!
#38 Old 09-26-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyosun View Post

i feel so alone!

Haha, I know how you feel! I'm in North B, so I feel quite alone, too.

I'm not vegan, but even as a vegetarian I have such a hard time finding a decent place to eat in Saskatoon (or here, of course). I hear Saba's on 22nd is good, but every time I go there it's closed. We ended up at Alexander's last time but they hardly had any veggie choices -- we ended up having the weirdest veggie burger ever. My daughter asked for a quesadilla without chicken and they told her no. We were so not impressed.
#39 Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM

so quiet in here! hey Saskatoon people whats up?
#40 Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I just wanted to add that Sabba's is GREAT for vegetarian/vegan options...they have a veggie combo plate that is delicious. Oh, and I was at Sushiro a couple of months ago and they have a good selection of veggie sushi rolls (beyond the normal plain cucumber roll, etc.) - the spicy vegetarian was really good.
#41 Old 01-17-2010, 06:59 PM

I think ill have to try out Saba's sometime! I looked at their website and it looks pretty sweet. Thanks!
#42 Old 11-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Thought I'd bump this thread to see if there were any Saskies out there right now.

I'm in Saskatoon, and I've found there is quite a nice variety of restaurants with delish veg/vegan options to choose from. Its rare that I end up somewhere without at least one option on the menu. A good sign for ol Saskatoon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page