New Brunswick - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I voted for Suzuki!! (But he didn't win )

I'm not in NB right now, but I lived there my whole life up until two years ago (I'm in PEI right now).

Originally from Miramichi, but spent a couple of years in Fredericton as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Beginner

yay, im from nb too...will be going to school in miramichi in the fall
#93 Old 08-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

What school will you be going to? (If you don't mind me asking?)

I went to MVHS for high school, and then did the first year of my degree at NBCC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 08-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Beginner

im going to NBCC, i was there in 2003-2004 for my first year of environmental tech and i will be finishing it up this year
#95 Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Oooh nice !! Are you enjoying it?
#96 Old 08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Beginner

im not really a big fan of miramichi to tell you the truth...and school kinda sucks too, haha...but it will be worth it if it all works out in the end!
#97 Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I couldn't wait to get out of Miramichi either! I have no plans on going back

Any plans on where you want to go to work when you are done?
#98 Old 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM

Well banana_popsicle that makes at least two vegetarians in the Miramichi.
#99 Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Beginner

haha, well we might be the only ones!!
#100 Old 08-19-2005, 07:44 PM
bad
Veggie Regular

Greetings all!

I have returned from the great beyond , actualy i just stoped using my old e-mail account and completely got cut off from veggie boards , but i'm back now, to the boards and to N.B., Rothesay to be exact. just thought i'd drop a line to all my fellow nb veg*n, and ask what i've missed? is there anyone new?
#101 Old 08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Beginner

hello Bad, i am new....im form sussex, going to be going to school in miramichi next year.

i also have a question. does anyone know of any good vegan shampoos and conditioners that arent too expensive around here??
#102 Old 08-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah, sussex! Good ol' sussex. I believe there was a thread that said the Suave brand doesn't test on animals, though it's not very good for your hair. Herbal Essences is also vegan, I think, but it also isn't great for your hair. I'd suggest Kiss My Face, which is totally vegan and organic as far as I know, but that tends to be pricey.
#103 Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Beginner

where could i get Kiss my face? i havent seen that one... i have pretty long hair, so i do need something good.
#104 Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

If you wanted to make a trip into SJ, I know for a fact that they carry it at Hayward and Warwick (85 Princess St). I work there. Will for the next week, anyway! Going back to school.

The owner of Kiss My Face is actually the owner of Haywards' brother-in-law. They also carry toothpastes, bubble baths, face/hand creams.. all sorts of things. Anything they don't have in stock, they can always order in as well. But if you went the way from sussex, you'd want to make sure they had what you wanted, so I'd suggest calling first.

I'd imagine they'd ship it to you if you couldn't drive in, and you can pay with a credit card over the phone. You just have to ask, and they can quote you the charges.. but make sure you call on a weekday if you want to do that because the shipping guys don't work on weekends.
#105 Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

also theres a super store in the kv area that carries kiss my face and jason's brand. both are vegan non-animal tested and organic their awsome! or if thats to far away you can also order them online on the companies web sites ^-^.
#106 Old 08-24-2005, 10:12 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

*btw hey Banana ^_^
#107 Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Beginner

awosome, i just went on the Kiss my face website and found out that thy carry it at the health food store in Sussex...who would have thought?!!
#108 Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana_popsicle View Post

hello Bad, i am new....im form sussex, going to be going to school in miramichi next year.

i also have a question. does anyone know of any good vegan shampoos and conditioners that arent too expensive around here??

Some of the Life brand shampoos and conditioners from Shopper's Drugmart are completely vegan. The ones in the smaller bottles aren't too bad, especially the shampoos.
#109 Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 PM

Hey, I just found this forum on a search for a different topic, and was wondering if there was still any activity going on here in NB?

i'm in fred'ton and the veggieforum on proboards that was running here died due to inactivity this fall...
#110 Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

i'm not sure.. i've never heard of any since become vegan sadly. A few friends of mine and myself have gone leafleting and we stickered saint john a few times. ^-^ actualy the past few times i've gone to saint-john i've noticed many new sticker which neither me nor my friends posted in the malls.

Although i do remeber one time my friends mother took me to the circus (V.V) there was a group of people standing out side in the rain with peta's slavery signs. ALthough at the time i was really yougn and ill-informed i kind of wanted to not go in and just stand outside with them.. i wish i had now... but i supose it would have been rude to the lady i was with, after all i'm sure she had good intentions.

*** on a side note.. does anyone know of any good vegan resturants in New Brunswick? or resturants that cater to vegans? Or really any veg*n friendly places or places to meet other veg*ns from the area?
#111 Old 04-02-2006, 03:02 PM

Hi all, I live in Toronto, but all my family is in Saint John, NB. I'm visiting this summer and I was wondering, as I see bad was as well, if someone could recommend some vegan restaurants in the city. Also, is there a vegetarian association or are there any animal rights groups that I might be able to connect with while I'm there? Thanks so much.

HillBilly
#112 Old 05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

edit

#113 Old 05-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, that place looks wonderful! I think I will try to make it there if I'm ever in Moncton!

Thanks
#114 Old 05-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I went to that restaurant about a week ago when I was in Moncton. Some things on their menu are not vegan, but the waitress informed me that every single item on the menu could be made vegan (Horray) I had the veggie quesadillas and they were delicious. Highly recommended
#115 Old 05-14-2006, 03:01 PM

There's another All Vegetarian restaurant in Moncton called ZEN GARDEN at 179 Mountain Road. I've been there twice, and recommend it. Oriental and everything is vegan I think.
#116 Old 05-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Veggie_Can: I'm in Miramichi right now

I grew up here, but spent the last three years in PEI. I'm back in the 'chi for a few months to do some placements.
#117 Old 07-31-2006, 08:58 AM

Hey there, new to the board. Live in Fredericton, grew up in Moncton. Looking for support from other like-minded veg's

nice to meet ya
#118 Old 07-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arainu View Post

Hey there, new to the board. Live in Fredericton, grew up in Moncton. Looking for support from other like-minded veg's

nice to meet ya

Welcome to the board I'm in Miramichi right now, but won't be for much longer!
#119 Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

Welcome to the board I'm in Miramichi right now, but won't be for much longer!

Where will you be off to after that?
#120 Old 07-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arainu View Post

Where will you be off to after that?

Charlottetown for 4 weeks, then to Calgary for 6 weeks, and then I have to find a real job (who knows where!?) after that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page