New Brunswick - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-14-2004, 12:12 PM

I meant the drive-in in Shediac - sorry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah, I see! I really don't know... there's one in sussex, but I've never been.
#33 Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM

ooo the sussex one is still there? Funky!

You *have* to go to Shac before you leave NB! They speak the most interestly dialect of acadian french/english called "Shac"

I married a guy from Sackville; his dad is the town plumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I've always called english/french combos "franglais" I'll see about going to Shediac sometime though! It's not too far.

Did you know Ian Hanomansing (from Canada Now) is a native Sackvillian? He also went to Mount A.
#35 Old 06-20-2004, 10:20 PM

I didn't know Ian was!!!

edit: oh, if you ever meet a "bulmer", don't mention you know someone named Krista who went to school there
#36 Old 06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Do I want to know what a bulmer is?
#37 Old 06-21-2004, 04:31 PM

A font maybe? This is my first post here.
#38 Old 06-21-2004, 05:06 PM

Hey Krista

The Shediac Drive in is still around, and actually it's chiac I"m a little acadian girl LOL
#39 Old 06-22-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarte View Post

Do I want to know what a bulmer is?

It's my ex husband's family

thanks squirt! I miss Sackville soooo much

Driving to Moncton, going through Dieppe with the Acadian flag painted on all the electric posts lol
#40 Old 06-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi veggie-can! Welcome to our little NB corner! We nearly have enough to have a gathering (how many would constitute a gathering?)

Krista, you should go for a visit. If I'm there we could hang out and have Mel's fries
#41 Old 06-23-2004, 08:36 PM

I'm from Dieppe, but currently living in Moncton or as my bf calls it Monkeytown

If you're ever this way please let me know I"d love to meet another R/L veggie
#42 Old 06-23-2004, 10:55 PM

<---is not a veggie, but would I be allowed to meet you anyways?
#43 Old 06-24-2004, 04:57 AM

There should be lots of veggies at Cafe Calactus 157 St George St., I used to eat there when it was located on Mountain Road. It's a full vegetarian cafe.
#44 Old 06-24-2004, 05:28 PM

Krista I'd still love to meet you

Veggie_can I"ve been there lots of time..and it's very good never really thought of it as a place to meet people though LOL aside from maybe the servers LOL
#45 Old 06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I've always wanted to go to Cafe Calactus, but have never gotten the chance. I'm sure any vegetarian restaurant would be worlds ahead of any omni one, but that just makes me more curious!
#46 Old 06-25-2004, 10:26 AM

Hey Squirt22, perhaps if you had a T shirt made up with the words "I Really Love Veggies" front and back, would that help?
#47 Old 06-30-2004, 08:09 AM

My family and I are planning on arranging to meet my mother in Moncton tommorow. Basically we are getting a drive there, then we have to wait until the driving party is done meeting with there friends and they will come get us from where ever. Being Canada day is there a place where we can spend half a day without too much money, two small children and have it be somewhat mellow. None of us owns or drives a car....and we are not familiar with Moncton.

Help please!
#48 Old 06-30-2004, 10:34 AM

I think perhaps you should check out Chapters book store across from the Champlain Mall. You can sit in an armchair and drink Starbucks coffee and snacks. As you sit in the armchair you can view the Crystal Palace Amusement Park through a glass partition where children can enjoy various rides in the Amusement Park, all indoors.
#49 Old 07-01-2004, 05:59 AM

Veggie_can: perhapse one of those Tshirts would help me out LOL

Space Cadet: I don't know if I"m to late with this reply or not..but perhapse spend the day at centenial park

There's lots to do to keep the kids entertained and if your family likes the outdoors perhapse take a walk in the trails etc...

Happy Canada day everyone
#50 Old 07-01-2004, 06:01 AM

Oh and if you go to centenial park..bring bathing suits (specially for the small kids)
#51 Old 07-22-2004, 01:36 PM
bad
Veggie Regular

omg!!! i live in rothesay!!! nb basicaly saint john!! thats soo cool i've never meet anyone who was pro ar here except that one time a friend made me go see a circus when i was lil and their were a bunch of people with peta abolish slavey signs at the time thought i had no idea i cna't belive i when to a circus and not a protest since then the only pro ar things i've seen are my thrid time sticker brunswick sqaure mall i notice a wool is baa-d sticker, which i did not place and some eating animal sticker on stop signs, i did however find 4 vegan atending my hight shcool including my english teacher Mr. todd ross, and have converted 3 friends. thats awsome you live in saint john thought anyone else?
#52 Old 07-22-2004, 01:41 PM
bad
Veggie Regular

woa so many people!!! :happy: yay! hey Tsila you said :One other aside from yourself, actually. I regret having lost touch with him. He was from the Rothesay area, I think., do you remeber his name i live out in rothesay i might know him, course the only one who comes to mind is mr. ross but you never know
#53 Old 07-22-2004, 01:51 PM
bad
Veggie Regular

omg!!! people even shop at the same super store!!!ARG!!! how have i never notice other people!!! grrness! this is awsome!!!!! yeah nb sucks for being veg*n friendly, but superstore has some cool things, did any of you saint johners every get to go to incredible edibles before it had to be closed???? my friends mom used to own it, wish i'd had the change to go oh well now i just make up for it by going over to her house for yummy dinners! lol well if any of you guys ever come online be sure to message and e-mail me! thats so super cool people in saint-john/rothesay/quispam area! sweet! lol
#54 Old 07-22-2004, 01:52 PM
bad
Veggie Regular

also does any one know whats up with them green sqaure and lil computer by our names???? ????
#55 Old 08-24-2004, 10:26 AM

Yet another Veggie from SJ checking in. My wife and two children are also veggie. I'm pretty confident we have the largest collection of veg*n's in one household in all of Saint John

Actually it's a bit complicated: Myself and my daughter are veggie (she drinks cow milk, but I don't however I would have cheese everynow and then). My wife is strict vegan, and my little boy happens to have digestion problems with milk, so he's vegan as well.

Did you follow all of that?

Later,

-Justin
#56 Old 08-24-2004, 11:17 AM

Welcome Justin & family - this group in not very active at present, but will probably pick up a little in September.
#57 Old 08-24-2004, 05:26 PM

Welcome Justin!

We are also a veggie family of four.... In Saint John!

Here I thought we were all alone. Good to know there are like minded people so close to home.

-Amy
#58 Old 08-27-2004, 07:42 PM

Hi all.

I am a displaced NB'er (Saint John) presently living in Calgary, AB. I left there 4 years ago but will moving back to SJ in 2 weeks. Someone told me there is an Asian grocery in SJ now, is there anything veg*n friendly stuff there? Here in Calgary all Asian stores have TONS of veg stuff...just wondering what I'm walking back into. (there are several veg restaurants and stores here in "Cowtown" and to be honest, I'm wondering how I'm gonna survive in Saint John again.)

Dharma Mike
#59 Old 08-29-2004, 08:55 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

woa this is so cool i never thought their'd be any vegans in sj area i live in rothesay welcome all! this is so cool, sorry Dharma Mike as fare as i know their are still no vegan improvement no veg*n resturants as of yet *muhahaha* about the asian markeys i'm not all too clean i live in rothesay but i do spend lots on time in south end with friends in market square their is a little asian section that do sell some vegan foods their are probobly more i'm just not sure where they are located welcome all, hope to hear from you!
#60 Old 08-29-2004, 09:59 AM

I still miss Sackville

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page