Nova Scotia - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#151 Old 12-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Beginner

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Beginner

So, I tried the veggie lobster...and it should probably be said, it's not the most realistic-tasting veggie meat out there. I'm not sure what to think of it, but it's definitely strange. It doesn't have a whole lot of flavour to it really, but it definitely has a rubbery texture, and I haven't decided if I don't like it, or am just indifferent to it...
#153 Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats unfortunate :/

Im done unpacking now, and I keep reminding myself to post the "guesstimation" recipe for the donair, but I haven't gotten around to it. When I am home tonight I will try to do that because im at work now,lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Beginner

All right I have a question. Does anyone here know of any vegan or vegan friendly tattoo artists in the halifax area? I may be able to go to Truro or up to Cape Breton depending on the tattooer. Links to online portfolios would be a bonus. Or if you don't know, just in general any good reconmendations/experiences?
#155 Old 01-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Beginner

Hmm, I don't, but a vegan friend of mine recently got a tattoo (before moving away...) so I'll ask her!
#156 Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Beginner

Okay, I finally heard back from my friend! She said they went to Pinski's, and were "totally satisfied". I assume it's a vegan tattoo place since she's vegan, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to double check. Hope this helps!
#157 Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Beginner

Thank you! I'll definatly look into it. I've been researching like crazy as I've finally decided to stop being cheap and save up for what I want.
#158 Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 AM

What is the best health food store in Nova Scotia?

I live on PEI and my options are very limited when it comes to organic produce. I'm looking for the best health food with the biggest selection of organic produce. I'm willing to make a drive to stock up.

Thanks in advance.
#159 Old 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Yeah, I don't remember many places on the island for organic produce, other than what you can find in the grocery stores...though I did enjoy the PEI Green Party's idea to make the whole island organic! It'd be great, but it would be a long time before that ever happened.

For organic food around Halifax, Planet Organic is probably the place to hit; they've got plenty of organic produce, and great things like tempeh, vegenaise, etc there. You can also find a place at the Saturday Farmer's market that has organic Nutritional Yeast, organic flour (several varieties), oats, beans, chickpeas, etc, all organic. Most of it is imported, though the flour and such is all ground at the Speerville flour mill, I believe. I'm not sure if there are other good places, though.
#160 Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Beginner

P.S. How did the tattooing work out arcane? Did you get one already? Still considering?
#161 Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post

P.S. How did the tattooing work out arcane? Did you get one already? Still considering?

I haven't got it done, gotta save my money. I know what I want, it just about actually saving up for it. And I can't find a decent reference picture of Schroeder (from peanuts) to save my life, well one where he is standing up, not at his piano. (I'm getting Lucy and Schroeder as growing up we labeled different peanuts characters as members of our family and Lucy is my mom and Schroeder is my dad).
#162 Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Well, I did some searching, but couldn't find any good pictures...maybe you can take some books of Peanuts comics out from the library, and find one in those?
#163 Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post

Well, I did some searching, but couldn't find any good pictures...maybe you can take some books of Peanuts comics out from the library, and find one in those?

We had a book fair at work last week and I took a quick look, only found one picture and he was in his baseball uniform which is not what I want. I'll probably check out book stores as well I love peanuts and would want to keep the books. I'm a nerd like that.
#164 Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Beginner

Well, maybe you can ask the tattooist to make an amalgam of Schroeders to make what you want! And there's nothing wrong with being a nerd I'm a big Calvin & Hobbes nerd myself
#165 Old 04-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Beginner

All right my peeps from NS, what is going on with ya'll?
#166 Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Beginner

Umm, I'm teaching! I just got back yesterday from Cape Breton
#167 Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 PM

This board is great, very new to vegetarianism, (only been weeks) but after reading (haven't finished it yet) the China Study decided to make some healthy choices.

If anyone else is from CB is it just me or is there very limited selection here unless choosing raw, all most all of the time?

Thanks,

Darryl
#168 Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM

I live in Glace Bay. =]

I don't remember if I posted her already but oh well. xD
#169 Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Hi everybody. I'm just new here. I'm in Bridgewater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page