VeggieBoards banner

Alberta

69K views 417 replies 71 participants last post by  odizzido 
#1 ·
The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

#55 ·
Medesha, you might want to try the evil wal-mart.

I live in Calgary, and that's the only place I have ever seen boca products.

#57 ·
Screw Wal-Mart.

Try Liquidation World, they sometimes get in BOCA. Some Save-On-Foods carry Boca as well, but they hide it in the real meat section.

You might want to try the Veggie Patch products or even the Schnieder's Oh Naturel! line, far superior to Boca, also Canadian.

Superstore is a dead end for Vegans, but they do make some Blue Menu Vegetarian products as well as President's choice veggie patties and veggie burgers. Also in the meat cooler.

More Info? PM me, I'll hook you up.

#58 ·
I like Oh Natural very much (and Save-on-Foods as well...dedicated former employee). But I just came back to Canada after several years of living in the States, and I'm positively addicted to the Boca Smoked Sausages and the Boca Italian Sausages. I can't find a substitute here so far -- Yves doesn't cut it, and Oh Natural doesn't make sausage substitutes (that I've found).

Maybe I can get one of the chains to order me some Boca...

#59 ·
Have you tried Roots Organic Market at Whyte and 112 st? They carry some veg stuff. The Big Fresh on Jasper avenue has several brands of veg*an sausage, I can't remember the brand, not Boca, but they look tasty anyhow.

Let us know if you see these sausages anywhere, I would like to try them fo' sho'.

#61 ·
Thanks! I'll let you know if I find them anywhere.

My husband is a computer contracter, so we moved around a lot. We lived in a lot of places (Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Dayton, Austin) but the place we lived in the most (and which feels like a second home now) is Seattle.

That's where I went vegetarian, and it was so easy; Seattle is tremendously veggie-friendly.

#63 ·
Found Big Fresh. What an awesome store!

I bought the Tofurky 'Kielbassa' sausages. I don't know what kind of kielbassa the Tofurky people eat, but the stuff I always had tastes nothing like these vegan sausages. They're tasty, they just don't taste like kielbassa. Not even a little bit.

Still, very yummy. I had some tonight with my Chinese takeout (schezuan mixed vegetables). Continuing the hunt for Boca...

#64 ·
Medesha I haven't seen boca sausages anywhere! Just the tofurky and yves brand sausages. They are everywhere and easy enough to find. Boca burgers I used to be able to find @ save-on. Now some of them have them and some of them don't. Their burgers were great!! I'm glad you found big fresh at least. What side of the city do you live on? Have you ever been to Organic Roots? They have a cafe that has some pretty awesome yummy, veg friendly things. It's just off 82nd ave and 112st.

#66 ·
Ugh it's so annoying how most apartment buildings don't have recycle bins! When you live in a house you just throw all your recyclables into blue bags and put it out with your trash and it gets picked up on garbage day. So recycling is super easy for me. I know there is a recycling center right in the parking lot of my local safeway. Maybe in the front of the white pages there is more info on recycling depots around the city?

Since you are so close to China Town have you ever been to Padmanadi?? It's a great almost totally vegan (one of their mock chicken has whey in it, they will let you know if you order a dish when they use that kind of chicken though, at least they have for me!) indonesian/chinese food restaurant. They often have buffets around special occassions. Their most recent one was for Chinese New Years and it was super tasty! Their address is 10626 97 Street. I'll post in here when they have the next buffet.

#70 ·
You should also try Roots Organic Market (?) it's on the corner of 112 st and Whyte ave, in College Plaza.

For more veg*an dining, you can try the Oriental Veggie House, 10586 100 St. They make wicked awesome food too. Give the crispy 'chicken' a shot.

Near 118 street and Jasper ave (west of Champion foods, across 118 street) is a great Lebanese place called 'Lashish'. I have been going there late at night (3 am) for falaffel and the veggie plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.