Quebec - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-07-2004, 03:57 PM

hello all

I'm very new at this and I'd just like to introduce myself and say that it's nice to see there are people here from Montreal, very cool! If anyone can help me out, I'd love to know more about how to use this website. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-08-2004, 08:46 AM

Hey,

I went to the spirite lounge on the weekend. Pretty off the wall place. Overall I enjoyed it though.

I think you have to be pretty open-minded not to get a little freaked. Especially depending on your sexual orientation. Truefully though, the people were great, the food was great (if you're not afraid to eat your veggies), and the atmostphere grows on you after a while. = )

Cheers
#33 Old 06-15-2004, 05:24 PM

I have a question for all you Montrealers: where can I find some Nayonaise or Veganaise and Egg Replacer? I've looked many places but so far no luck. Where do you guys go to do your grocery shopping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-27-2004, 11:14 AM

Hi! You can find Nayonaise at Loblaws or IGA (I saw it at IGA in Alexis Neon Plaza).

Also, FYI- check out www.craigslist.com for some montreal resources...I think there is a vegetarian chef there. It's also just a great free site that friends in NY use a lot.

Does anyone know the nutritional info for Harvey's veggie burger? What's in it? Does it have any fiber?

Thanks!
#35 Old 06-27-2004, 12:07 PM

I found Nayonaise at Cavendish mall at the IGA (I think it's an IGA).

Also, for your info, check out www.craigslist.org. It's used in the states a lot (finding all sorts of stuff including veggie chefs! for free). It just started up in montreal but the word needs to be spread.

Anyone have any idea how much fiber might be in Harvey's veggie burger or what the ingredients are?

Thanks!
#36 Old 06-28-2004, 07:54 PM

Thanks, next time I'm in Montreal I'll be sure to check out Loblaws or IGA. Where I live on the shore-shore the IGAs carry only a few vegan items and I'm finding it hard to switch. I'm still looking for egg replacer though! But its tough.
#37 Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, it seems like Concordia is *the* place to meet fellow "veggieboarders" in Montreal! I'm starting there this semester. Only a week left... arghh!
#38 Old 08-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess concordia is a bit more Veg*n friendly then Mcgil lol

im finishing up my sejour at concordia this year. but im not sure what attracts all the vbers. other then maybe the free (cheap) food on the seventh floor downtown.

maybe we should plan a vb gathering concordia style. (a rowdy messy riot that involves police with sticks ) ok maybe not.
#39 Old 08-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.veganquebec.cjb.net/

I found this link... on the toronto vegetarian site. its for a quebec org.

they seem to have occasional get togethers and the like not really sure what they are about but here is the link anyway.

oh yeah its primarily french
#40 Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

*Sigh*

I'd like to go back to ConU this fall (like, tomorrow) but I don't think I can.

MOney, and stupid job problems. Poo.
#41 Old 08-30-2004, 06:43 PM

ooo, concordia! can't wait....

blueskies: what program are you in? i'll be starting a BSc in Biology.
#42 Old 08-30-2004, 07:14 PM

Hi, fellow veggie Montrealers!

I'm at McGill.

Womanofaction, I've seen egg replacer at the Provigo on Parc.
#43 Old 08-30-2004, 07:58 PM

thank you anabanana.

i actually found nayonaise last month but have yet to use it. don't know what to put it on or in. but i'm still looking for egg replacer! i know everyone's been recommending these places (and i appreciate it considering i asked for your help) but they are all located on the island of Mtl. i on the other hand live on the south shore and do my grocery shopping at local IGAs and these places have just begun stocking up on vegetarian/organic food. it's very sad. but i'm starting class soon so i'll try to do some shopping at loblaws on my way home or something. thanks for your help.
#44 Old 08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Veggie Regular

what i find helps because where i live although on the island isnt very "veggie" oriented, is to do my groceries where i am and then do the extras that cant be found in the loblaws or metro, at the health food store downtown or in the plateau. the plateau is Super veggie friendly!!
#45 Old 09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanofaction View Post

ooo, concordia! can't wait....

blueskies: what program are you in? i'll be starting a BSc in Biology.

BA in Geography. I hope I will like it there. It's actually a bit stressful for me, mainly because english is my second language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPrincess View Post

im finishing up my sejour at concordia this year. but im not sure what attracts all the vbers. other then maybe the free (cheap) food on the seventh floor downtown.

I read about that in the CSU student handbook I got. Free vegan food! I was impressed. This is probably one of the first things I will look into once the semester begins.
#46 Old 09-05-2004, 04:57 PM

Can McGill students get free vegan food, too?

(Don't you just love how a university student can smell the words "free food" from a mile away?)
#47 Old 09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont think you have to show a student ID or anything so you could probably give it a try....
#48 Old 09-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

How Was Everyones First Day At CONCORDIA!!!! (or McGill? )

Found the Vegan Food yet?

Im sitting bored at campus right now. hope you all have great classes.
#49 Old 09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

It's too early to really have an opinion on the classes, but overall my first impression of the campus is good. I checked out the Potato but didn't get to eat there. Is it operating yet?
#50 Old 09-07-2004, 03:41 PM

McGill started classes last Wednesday. My classes are interesting, but really hard.

And it turns out we have our own free vegan food, so I won't be mooching off yours.
#51 Old 09-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

cool i had no idea mcgill had a PP knock off. is it anygood... wheres abouts is it? one of my good friends is in bio at mcgill in last year, she never let me in on this, im guessing she hasnt got a clue.

as for if ours is up and running yet this semester. no idea, i havent been downtown yet.. only day one of the semester lol! my guess is that if they havent opened yet they will be by friday keep in mind they are only open during the lunch hour i believe.
#52 Old 09-07-2004, 08:35 PM

It's called the Midnight Kitchen, but it runs during the day, in the Shatner building on campus. I've never been.
#53 Old 09-08-2004, 07:09 AM

All my courses are at loyola so I have to go out of my way for the free vegan food.

I had my first class yesterday! It went well. Didn't get lost.

BTW, is it true they never card you on the shuttle bus? That's what my friend from SGW said.
#54 Old 09-08-2004, 12:29 PM

i believe i saw you at loyola today javaprincess. is that possible? i recognized you from your icon. you were leaning against a locker talking to a friend in CC. but maybe i'm wrong.
#55 Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

yup i was definately doing that yesterday feel free to say hey, do i know you, next time lol yeah and ive never gotten carded on the shuttle (in 4 years!!) not that i take it much ( always at loyola too - what program are you in (btw dont mind me if i asked you that already too lazy to scan and check im in the 215 comp lab and want to get out of here) )
#56 Old 09-09-2004, 07:50 PM

LOL, i'm in biology. and next time i see you i will say hi.
#57 Old 09-10-2004, 10:10 PM

Hii! I'm a concordian montrealer too. I'm in my second year there in Mechanical Engineering..(all my classes are at SGW). I have yet to try the free food >.>
#58 Old 09-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

lol a bunch of veggies all leary of the veggie free food... hmmm lol (the soup kitchen atmosphere for me kinda eeks me a bit... im a control freak whatchya know.. ...> ) I'll try it before i leave.

Im all geared up for the year now though. have my rec. pass and all my books and been to all my classes. hope all of you are settling in to the semester ok too especially those of you just starting out. and hope your finding comfortable ways to eat veg*n around school at Loy or sgw. BTW check out the G-Lounge CC 4th floor LOY for some good vegan and vegetarian Sandwiches and vegetarian(honey) muffins at good prices. Just a little tidbit, a lot of people dont know about it discovering by accident.

Sarah
#59 Old 09-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Well I've had some time to discover the campus and its veggie options. The little sandwich floor on the 4th floor of the Hall building doesn't have much choice for us! I also checked out Java U and tried a sandwich made with hummus and various veggies. It was good, but not fantastic, and too expensive for me to consider it regularly. I bought a better sandwich at le frigo vert for less than half the price and I'd rather give my money to them than Java U. That's about it so far.

Oh and today a guy with a 'Vegan' pin on his hat was sitting next to me in class. I didn't say anything but I thought it was cool.
#60 Old 09-20-2004, 12:06 PM

hey anabanana, i read you were studying anatomy and cell biology @ mcgill. what year are you in? i'm curious because one of my friend's in his second year of that program.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page