Ontario - Page 19 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#541 Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone been here:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/cana...nto/index.html

I was at the Whole Foods in Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago and it blew my ****ing mind. I don't expect this one will be exacty the same. I just wondered what to expect. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Has anyone been here:

I was at the Whole Foods in Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago and it blew my ****ing mind. I don't expect this one will be exacty the same. I just wondered what to expect. Thanks.

I go to the Oakville one a lot.
#543 Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Sounds amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#544 Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Has anyone been here:

i've been there once... it aint bad, not bad at all. i remember there being lots and lots of stuff and it all being really squished in with narrow isles and lots of angles (i'm not the most skilled grocery cart/shopping trolley driver, so it was bit of a challenge, lol). there was lots of mysterious stuff, lots of exciting looking stuff, lots of stupidly expensive stuff...... and a 6 foot tall pyramid of cheap vegan shampoo.

i like the big carrot better. its quite a lot smaller, but feels... hmmm... i dunno... friendlier, and more down to earth, i spose.
#545 Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Awesome. Thanks hcj!
#546 Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Beginner

Cheap vegan shampoo at whole foods?!!! really??? I want some cheap vegan shampoo! Also looking for a vegan conditinoer that actually works, the last few I bought did next to nothing.
#547 Old 05-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

i was tempted, but didn't try it. but i saw it, so apparently it does exist! it was their own brand- 365. seemed really cheap. smelled decent. there is hope.
#548 Old 05-29-2007, 07:03 PM

Hey!
#549 Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Niagara Region
#550 Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Does anyone know if there are any cheap or better yet, free, yoga classes in or near London?
#551 Old 07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

not sure about free but check community bulletins in the paper and public gathering places for cheap classes.

my chiropractor always has flyers posted for stuff like that in the waiting area, and sometimes at the bulletin board at the mall, coffeeshops etc

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#552 Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 PM

thanks, I didnt think to check bulletins or anything like that.
#553 Old 08-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnett View Post

Does anyone know if there are any cheap or better yet, free, yoga classes in or near London?

Moksha offers a $20 introductary rate with unlimited classes for a week And it's fairly cheap at only $140 for an unlimited month. Also, if you're hard up for cash, they offer karma classes, which are a pay what you can afford (min. $5), with all proceeds going back to the community.
#554 Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybones View Post

Moksha offers a $20 introductary rate with unlimited classes for a week And it's fairly cheap at only $140 for an unlimited month. Also, if you're hard up for cash, they offer karma classes, which are a pay what you can afford (min. $5), with all proceeds going back to the community.

Oh that is PERFECT for me. Im in the middle of the immigration process, so I cant work here again until October at the earliest. I like the idea of proceeds going to the community. I will look into that.. Thank you so much!
#555 Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM

i am from toronto.

does anyone go to "jean's vegetarian kitchen"? it is seriiously amazing, i've had it two times this week. first time ... skinny rice noodles with coconut sauce and veggies, and today i had "gado gado" which is these thick noodles with peanut sauce and tofu. oh and i had really amazing curry spring rolls. yum.
#556 Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 AM

Anyone here from Windsor area ?

Im a newbie here on the boards (0:
#557 Old 08-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone else loathe that blonde woman on Breakfast Television? How could anyone be that irritating? I mean it's a good show but I just want to smack her so hard...
#558 Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

lol i kinda like her

she's on the pilates dvd i bought too. not hosting, she's just the background person and they use her to demonstrate beginner's poses. i think she's sorta cute

~Miyavi "Torture"
#559 Old 08-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerks View Post

Does anyone else loathe that blonde woman on Breakfast Television? How could anyone be that irritating? I mean it's a good show but I just want to smack her so hard...

Darlin', everyone on BT is irritatingcould you narrow it down a little?

I just can't think of anyone blonde since Liza Fromer went off to breed. Are we talking about Jennifer Valentyne or Deena Wossname, neither of which are natural blondes? Ann Rohmer maybe?

The only one I'm certain you don't mean is Traci Melchor.

God I loathe morning television.
#560 Old 08-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, I was talking about Marilyn Denis and I think her show comes on after BT. I was probably distracted by her endless babbling when I typed out the wrong show above. She just....she never shuts up...
#561 Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerks View Post

Sorry, I was talking about Marilyn Denis and I think her show comes on after BT. I was probably distracted by her endless babbling when I typed out the wrong show above. She just....she never shuts up...

Cityline right? if so, then yeah she's annoying

http://www.cityline.ca/
#562 Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

ah i was thinking of Liza Fromer

however, i like Cityline and Marilyn Denis i love the home decorating tips they have on the show, and fashion fridays. whenever i do catch an episode i'm pretty excited cause i don't get to see it very often.

i watch very little tv these days and it seems like most of what i like watching is that kind of stuff, home decorating shows, fashion, health. basically anything on TLC (which sucks cause i don't get it anymore)

eeek what's happened to me? every day i become more and more a clone of my mother. scary

~Miyavi "Torture"
#563 Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM

OMG I'll be in Ottawa in 37 days and I'm just SO scared -_____-
#564 Old 08-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

what of? canadians aren't that weird and scary (says an english girl who has been uprooted to ontario).

the french ones are a different story though.... (joking joking JOKING!).

eta:

if it helps you familiarise yourself with the cultural differences:

they say 'eh?!' a lot here. it doesn't really make sense, but go with it.

they put gravy on their fries. i know. weird.

canadians are really very friendly and welcoming, which can be a bit scary if you aren't used to it.

i don't know what its like in france at the moment, but its quite hot here currently. if anyone told you that it'd be blizzard conditions, and that you'll need lots of sweaters, snowshoes and a massive coat.... they were wong. save that stuff until february.

il fait tres ensoleillé et chaud ici.
#565 Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 AM

Oh well my boyfriend is Canadian but from British Columbia, so I have no idea what people are like in Ontario! I trust that you guys are nice though

But I don't feel great about leaving Paris, even if it's just for a year, and I'll be spending most of my time in Montréal.

I'm not used to overly friendly people... hope I won't act too rude or anything haha.

GRAVY on their FRIES?? I knew the part where vinegar came into play (still can't get over it) but gravy... oh man ^^
#566 Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh well my boyfriend is Canadian but from British Columbia, so I have no idea what people are like in Ontario! I trust that you guys are nice though

But I don't feel great about leaving Paris, even if it's just for a year, and I'll be spending most of my time in Montréal.

I'm not used to overly friendly people... hope I won't act too rude or anything haha.

GRAVY on their FRIES?? I knew the part where vinegar came into play (still can't get over it) but gravy... oh man ^^

hahaha. awww, i bet you'll be fine. i think canadians are just generally very nice. they're very kind and friendly, but still a little more reserved than americans seem to be, so they'll not be all over you too much. i remember i was a little overwhelmed when i first came here (everything seems way bigger than in europe- cars, roads, buildings, meals, people) but its also really exciting!

have you ever travelled out of europe before? i've been to paris (for a whole week!) and i think you'll be suprised at how different, yet the same, things are over here. if you're anything like me, you'll love the snow in the winter... for about a week (when its windy, its reeeaaaalllllyyyy coooooooold!!!).

yep, gravy on fries... and cheese as well. they pour the gravy over the cheese to make a big sticky melty mess. bleurgh! they call it 'poutine' (but according to an old french-canadian i know, its nothing like real poutine at all). but there is plenty of very tasty veg*n food in the stores here as well.

how exciting for you! i've not been to montreal (well, i've driven through it, but not stayed there ), but i've heard very good things about it. you should try and get to Toronto too- and go up the CN tower, and see all the other cool stuff there, and i'd reccomend that you definately go to Niagara Falls as well, its very impressive.
#567 Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkoon View Post

oh, you don't have to worry about people being overly friendly in Montreal (or Quebec). Haha... Just everywhere else in Canada.
#568 Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 AM

Yeah I actually travel a lot. I love going to Jamaica in summer, when it's warm over there ^^ I also went to NYC several times, and I went to California last year, as well as British Columbia (in February... it was SO cold). It was really nice! I went to Montreal twice but I never really lived there so I guess it'll still be very new for me...

I'm hoping to at least visit Toronto and maybe spend some time in Vancouver I saw the Niagara falls but I was really young, I wouldn't mind going back either !

This "poutine" thing looks crazy. Too bad it's not vegan, I would have tried some. And well... I'm glad to hear they're friendly people, because I was kind of worrying about the whole "making friends" thing. I'm not shy but I won't know anybody over there (this is also why I'm so scared *blush* )
#569 Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Veggie Regular

So you thought BC was cold...and you're moving to Quebec? Skiing is fun though. Montreal is gorgeous and highly walkable. I don't know much about Ottawa, except that it's bilingual and people from Toronto seem to hate it while folks from smaller cities think it's beautiful. Never been there myself. Let us know what it's like, eh?
#570 Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 AM

Oh I'm just moving there for a year. And I do dread winter in Quebec!

Too bad for me, I hate skiing haha. But yeah I'll keep you guys posted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page