Toronto Pig Save vigil tomorrow. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Beginner

I am attending my first protest (though they are calling it a vigil) since I've been in Canada tomorrow. It's a weekly thing they have at a downtown slaughter house. I'm happy to be going but concerned that I will get very upset, seeing these poor pigs brought in to die. I'm hoping to get some pictures & I will share them if I do.

While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth? ~George Bernard Shaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Ira
Banned

oh hey, i am fighting with myself whether to go or not right now. i feel like it is important and at the same time don't think i can make it because i start crying just from thinking of it.
I am sure you can make pictures htough, i believe they do them pretty often because they post them in save the pigs facebook page
#3 Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Beginner

I totally get that. I've gone back & forth about going to these for months now. I know I'll be upset & I'm SURE I'll cry but I have a feeling I'll be glad that I went. I'm bringing my meat eating (but on the fence) boyfriend with me so maybe I can at least show him what goes on here.

While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth? ~George Bernard Shaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Ira
Banned

yeah, i first got an invite in summer. was getting ready for it all night and when the morning came chickened out. I have been to that fundraiser last friday, Anita Krajnc was there talking about it and now i feel like it is even more important than i thought before. she brought up some great points

It is great that you bring your boyfriend there! if he is on the fence it would most likely make a difference for him
#5 Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Beginner

I thought about attending that fundraiser last week...wish I had gone.

My boyfriend is actually really interested in going & is pushing me to buck up & go. I'm curious to see if this changes his opinion on eating meat. He's anti factory farming in theory but still eats meat. We'll see if that continues after tomorrow...

#6 Old 12-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Ugh, why am I so nervous about going to this???

#7 Old 12-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Ira
Banned

Yeah, the fundraiser was great, very inspiring and also gave a lot of hope seeing that there arte politicians caring about environment and animals and hearing about the work. apparently his next step is to make spaying and neutering more mandatory

Oh i can see why you are nervous! Make sure to tell about your experience here
#8 Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Beginner

I'll definitely post tomorrow about it.

#9 Old 12-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Beginner

Back from the protest...upset & exhausted. We got lots of pictures & I'll upload them tomorrow. It was truly heart breaking to see. Three trucks full of pigs showed up in the two hours we were there. The only thing more horrifying than the look in their eyes was the screaming.

#10 Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 AM

Lets go with these pictures?
#11 Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Beginner

I personally didn't get the best ones but here a few...
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

#12 Old 12-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Beginner

Check out Toronto Pig Save's Facebook page for some better ones, if you like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page