Ontarios Ram rodeo tour. Protest questions/anyone interested in protesting? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Hey guys. The RAM Rodeo Tour http://www.ontariorodeo.com/ is coming to Dorchester the weekend of June 11/12, also to...

JUNE 17-18-19
MILVERTON RAM RODEO WEEKEND
Milverton, Ontario

JUNE 24-25-26
MEAFORD RAM RODEO
Meaford, Ontaio

JULY 1-2
WARKWORTH WESTERN WEEKEND RAM RODEO
SUPERSHOW 1
Warkworth, Ontario

JULY 2-3
WARKWORTH WESTERN WEEKEND RAM RODEO
SUPERSHOW 2
Warkworth, Ontario

JULY 22-23-24
WEST ELGIN RAM RODEO
West Lorne, Ontario

JULY 29-30-31
TWEED STAMPEDE AND JAMBOREE
Trudeau Park Tweed

AUGUST 5-6-7
EXETER RAM RODEO TOUR WEEKEND
South Huron Rec Centre, Exeter

AUGUST 27-28
ORILLIA SHRINER'S RAM RODEO WEEKEND
ODAS Park, Orillia

SEPTEMBER 3-4-5
PORT BURWELL RAM RODEO WEEKEND
Outback Camping, Port Burwell

SEPTEMBER 10-11
TECUMSEH SHRINER'S PRESENT ORANGEVILLE RAM RODEO TOUR WEEKEND
Orangeville Fairgrounds

SEPTEMBER 22-23-24
2011 INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH
Prescott-Russel

OCTOBER 15-15-16
EAST GWILLIMBURY RAM RODEO CHAMPIONSHIPS
Royal Canadian Riding Academy Just East of Newmarket

I've never organized a protest, but if I can find enough people I'll be doing so at the Dorchester location(and may attend other locations). Do I have to notify the police if I plan to protest? Are we allowed to stand on the property, or out by the road? Is there anything you have to watch for/anything we can't do while protesting?

If there's anyone in the area that's interested in protesting, let me know. I'm figuring if I can get as little as 5 people together, then we'll go ahead with it. IF I can find anyone in the area willing to join me
Back-Space is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Veggie Regular
 
vegansarawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 892
Make a facebook event page and invite all the vegans you have on FB, if you want to add me to facebook and I'll invite all the Ont vegans I know. I won't be able to attend I can only make it to places the GO trains/buses go. Even then my budget is really tight this month.
Anyways if you want to (no offense taken if you don't) PM me and I'll send you my FB URL.
Edit: I'm going to make a page dedicated to all the ONT dates and let people chose which dates they want to organize. This is what I've seen someone do for Shrine Circus. When I'm done I'll post the link for that.

Event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185568131492534

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
vegansarawr is offline  
#3 Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

Make a facebook event page and invite all the vegans you have on FB, if you want to add me to facebook and I'll invite all the Ont vegans I know. I won't be able to attend I can only make it to places the GO trains/buses go. Even then my budget is really tight this month.
Anyways if you want to (no offense taken if you don't) PM me and I'll send you my FB URL.
Edit: I'm going to make a page dedicated to all the ONT dates and let people chose which dates they want to organize. This is what I've seen someone do for Shrine Circus. When I'm done I'll post the link for that.

Event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185568131492534

Thanks That'd be awesome if you could post the dates for me. I don't use any of that facebook/twitter stuff, although I think I'm going to have to join facebook at some point. How else do you guys find out about local events? I wouldn't have even have known about this if it wasn't for Dodge sending me the magazine.
Back-Space is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular
 
vegansarawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 892
I only find events through FB, I would have deleted my FB after graduating college (handy for homework) if it weren't for AR activism.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
vegansarawr is offline  
#5 Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

I only find events through FB, I would have deleted my FB after graduating college (handy for homework) if it weren't for AR activism.

Hmmm... I'll have to look into joining then
Back-Space is offline  
#6 Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular
 
vegansarawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 892
When/if you do feel free to add me and I can send you invites to all the stuff going on around Toronto and the GTA.
I'm the creator of the event I posted in this thread; Sarah Elizabeth.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
vegansarawr is offline  
#7 Old 05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

When/if you do feel free to add me and I can send you invites to all the stuff going on around Toronto and the GTA.
I'm the creator of the event I posted in this thread; Sarah Elizabeth.

Thanks Yeah, I'll have to get on there. Part of the reason I came home was because I wanted to get more involved. I suppose if I don't end up finding people who want to protest, I could just go to Home Depot and buy a few gallons of red paint Lol
Back-Space is offline  
#8 Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegansarawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 892
LMAO that would work too and is always tempting

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
vegansarawr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off