Veg. Restaurants in Toronto - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Hello all!

So I was put in charge of finding a place for a small party (10-15 people) and I would really like to find a good vegetarian restaurant for that. The only requirement is that the price will be reasonable (~15$/person) and that it will be on the subway line. If it has some vegan options too, even better!

So does anyone know a good veg. restaurant in Toronto appropriate for small celebrations? Thanks so much for your help!

veg-a-tete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

They are all in the downtown area...
Vegetarian Haven (17 Baldwin St, Toronto)
Fresh : 3 locations (326 Bloor St West, 894 Queen St West, 147 Spadina Avenue, Toronto)

They are close to the subway. I'm sure there are others...but I can't think of them right now. I'll let you know if I think of them.

Both of these places are NOT very huge. You mentioned small celebrations...how many are you looking at?
#3 Old 11-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Ira
Banned

I would suggest fressen. It is considered more "classy" or "sophisticated" or whatever, so I think it would be good for a special occasions

http://www.fressenrestaurant.com/fressen/index.html

there is also commensal, which is pretty cool

And there is one near Dufferin and Bloor which I absolutely love for original food, but i can't think of a name right now... when i remember i will post it

http://www.commensal.ca/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Veggie Regular

For that price, I think Commensal would be your best bet. It's a pay-by-weight buffet, so it's as cheap as you want it to be, and there's plenty of room for that many people. Fresh is always packed and Fressen and Veg Haven are pretty small.
#5 Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I would say check out www.veg.ca which is the web site for the Toronto Vegetarian Society. Lots of good options there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page