Free screening of Earthlings in Toronto on 10/20/10 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

There will be a free screening of Earthlings on October 20, 2010 at the Bennett Lecture Hall, 78 Queen's Park, Toronto (University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, Flavelle House).

I'm not sure how close that is to any of you since I'm in the US, but hopefully some can attend.

Here is some more info on it, I'm not sure if you need to belong to facebook to view it though. http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=163717293644968&index=1

Here is some of the info, just in case:

Quote:
Join host Georges Laraque, former NHLer and current deputy leader of the Green Party, for a free screening of the documentary EARTHLINGS. EARTHLINGS is an award-winning film examining human dependence on and exploitation of other animals. It is narrated by Joaquin Phoenix and features music by Moby. Phoenix has said: Of all the films I have ever made, this is the one that gets people talking the most. For every one person who sees EARTHLINGS, they will tell three. There will be a Q&A with Laraque after the film.

All are welcome! Please share.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

That is so unfair! I live about three hours away and have never seen Earthlings but want to. We don't have a vehicle so I know it won't happen. I'm really hoping we get a vehicle soon because we are missing out on a lot of great veg-related stuff!

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you...
#3 Old 10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

You can actually watch the full movie on their site here: http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php

But I know it's not the same as getting together and watching it with a group of like minded people.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

You can actually watch the full movie on their site here: http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php

But I know it's not the same as getting together and watching it with a group of like minded people.

What's the point in only sharing Earthlings with "like minded people." Shouldn't everyone and anyone be invited? This is a movie that non veg*ns and people on the fence should see. It's twice as important for them to see it as people like us who are already on this side of the issue.

Tam! RUGH!
#5 Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you for posting that! I'm a newb clearly lol

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you...
#6 Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

What's the point in only sharing Earthlings with "like minded people." Shouldn't everyone and anyone be invited? This is a movie that non veg*ns and people on the fence should see. It's twice as important for them to see it as people like us who are already on this side of the issue.

Everyone is welcome. They have an open invitation on facebook and they are encouraging everyone to share it with people they know, not necessarily only with veg*ns.

I mentioned sharing it with like minded people to Piscesmom because it's a great way to meet other people who feel the same way.

#7 Old 10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesmom View Post

That is so unfair! I live about three hours away and have never seen Earthlings but want to. We don't have a vehicle so I know it won't happen. I'm really hoping we get a vehicle soon because we are missing out on a lot of great veg-related stuff!

I know how you feel. I live about 2 hours away from a place that has tons of veggie stuff going on. I do have a car, but it doesn't do well on long drives, so I miss out on all the cool stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page