London, ON - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 AM

Hey guys!
I'm in London, ON right now staying with my husband's family. Things are fantastic here, but I'm having trouble finding organic produce... There are a few local farms in the area that are organic (I LOVE Sleger's greens...), but it's really tough to find a reliable source of organic fruits & veggies. Lyn Dys is great for lots of stuff, but their produce isn't really a focal point and I always find myself disappointed with the selection of all the grocery stores.
It seems like all of the organic focus around here is on meat, chicken, eggs, etc... but not produce!
Any thoughts?

Feel free to check out my videos on how to make healthy and delicious vegan meals at www.HealthyVeganRecipes.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

great canadian supermarket or whatever it's called? i remember them having a huge produce section. i think it's the same company and similar selection to zehrs and independent grocer both of which i've found have a decent selection of organics. depends on the season though a lot of times organic stuff comes from closer sources so it depends on what is in season in the area.

also have you eaten at VegOut yet? if not you must. seriously. http://www.vegoutrestaurant.com/index2.htm

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#3 Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM

yeah, all the chain stores seem to have the same thing - really limited organic choices amidst the massive produce section. Maybe I was spoiled living in BC for 3 years... but really, shouldn't we be able to get organic zucchini in Ontario?

vegout... awesome... went there last week... tempeh wings = amazing!!

Feel free to check out my videos on how to make healthy and delicious vegan meals at www.HealthyVeganRecipes.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

hmm.. have you checked out covent garden market? http://www.coventmarket.com/
or gibraltar? http://gibraltarweekendmarket.com/contactus.html

mmm veg out..i haven't tried the tempeh wings i'll make sure i do next time i'm there. we don't get to london very often sadly we used to live in stratford which is where vegout was originally. when she moved and i had a chance to finally go check it out the owner remembered me and came over and gave me a big hug when i went in and when i asked why she took her chick'n nuggets (or balls i forget which) off the menu she told me any time i'm heading there i can call ahead and she will make some just for me lol.
also i always used to request these killer brownies she used to make, any time i went in and they didn't have any i'd mention it and the next day they'd always have them. if ever you see brownies there you're gonna wanna buy like all of them.
she also makes desserts to order, one year my husband ordered my birthday cake there. omg best thing evah!!
seriously though when they say they recommend the fish and chips they ain't foolin. so good

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#5 Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

The corn bread at Veg Out is AMAZING!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page