Whale Wars Second Season - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

starts tonight on Animal Planet. And they are currently playing season one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

are they affiliated with a religious group? I only though so because they refer to themselves as "the good shepherds" or that's the name of their group or something.

I've only ever seen one episode and their boat broke down so I didn't get to see what they do! It was unfortunate for them
#3 Old 06-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

no no religious affiliation at all...click on my link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Woot! Cant' wait! I've been watching most of the afternoon.
#5 Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked whale wars up untill that silly **** where he claimed to have been shot.And the fact that he is willing to send others into dangerous situations(like the boarding last season) while he himself sits warm and safe in his captains cabin. I still think they do good work I just cant watch the show.
#6 Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never seen the first season but I am going to check it out. Thanks for the info.
#7 Old 06-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstadt View Post

are they affiliated with a religious group? I only though so because they refer to themselves as "the good shepherds" or that's the name of their group or something.

I think the are called the Sea Shepard. lol I don't know. My dad LOVES that show so I watched some of it last night but was also watching food network so I did not see to much of it.

^Cool story, bro
#8 Old 06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

I liked whale wars up untill that silly **** where he claimed to have been shot.And the fact that he is willing to send others into dangerous situations(like the boarding last season) while he himself sits warm and safe in his captains cabin. I still think they do good work I just cant watch the show.

Claimed, until it is proven either way, its all speculation. And either way it has brought much needed attention to the plight of the whales. And when was the last time a leader was expected to carry out a mission. If the leader is lost so is the cause. And these people all sign on knowing that they maybe in a situation where their lives are at risk.
#9 Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't watch this show. It makes me so emotional and I get pissed. The other night I was drinking a glass of red wine and a commercial for it came on (mind you, I was a bit tispy) and I flipped out and totally poured wine all over me, the couch, and my purse. Oops. I guess I decided to flip off the tv with the hand that was holding the wine. I know its a great show, because I have seen one episode, but the though of killing and watching someone kill such a beautiful, majestic animal sickens me. I seriously want to throw up. Kudos to all of you who can watch it though!
#10 Old 06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I personally would love to have the chance to throw stuff at those murderers.

My theory on the bullet is that he was shot at from one of the portholes, but as Playback says it did bring more focus on the issue regardless.
#11 Old 06-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I personally would love to have the chance to throw stuff at those murderers.

My theory on the bullet is that he was shot at from one of the portholes, but as Playback says it did bring more focus on the issue regardless.

and don't forget Cpt. Watson never steps outside without his body armor on. So if indeed he was shot, the bullet hit his badge through a mustang suit a layer of clothing and finally lodge in the vest.
#12 Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked the "Sheriff saved by his badge" reference. In my opinion,Capt. W. is Superman, and we KNOW there are many who would love to see him done away with, so nothing would surprise me.
#13 Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Claimed, until it is proven either way, its all speculation. And either way it has brought much needed attention to the plight of the whales. And when was the last time a leader was expected to carry out a mission. If the leader is lost so is the cause. And these people all sign on knowing that they maybe in a situation where their lives are at risk.

I agree i said that I still think that they do good work.He wanted to make waves in the news if he had boarded and been arrested then that would have been huge news. Personally I think he is a coward. The coase wouldnt have been lost sea shppard has several ships going to tell me that he captains them all and there is no chain of command in the event of his death?
#14 Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

and don't forget Cpt. Watson never steps outside without his body armor on. So if indeed he was shot, the bullet hit his badge through a mustang suit a layer of clothing and finally lodge in the vest.

ROFL thats like an old western where the lawmans life is saved by his badge. It doesnt happen. I have been shooting all my life and not only would it take a master marksman to make that shot between 2 speeding boats but also a rifle. And a rifle would rip through that flimsy ass vest and badge like it was nothing. Bullet proof vest also dont stop the momentum of the round he would have had some nasty bruising and not that little pin prick. Possibly even a broken rib depending on the calliber of round. He would have deffinatly felt the impact probabpy would have thrown him to the deck he wouldnt have just been standing there and say"Oh I think I may have been shot" Anyway people are going to believe what they want for me im thinking publicity stunt. Eitehr way they are doing good for the whales every one saved is a good thing.
#15 Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

is anyone else a bit disappointed with season 2 so far? i am feeling like their campaign is going nowhere fast. hope things start to go better for them.
#16 Old 06-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I finally got to watch it for the first time ever last night. I am hooked and my omni husband might be hooked too! heh.

I saw a rerund and the new one. I have to say I got tears in my eyes after they broke out of all that ice and then they saw the whales. Anyway, I will be watching to learn more.
#17 Old 06-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I think Peter Brown needs to step down or be let go to a more land based operation. He does not deserve to be at the helm of the Steve Irwin.
#18 Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the show. and I can't wait to watch it tonight. I have a lot of issues with how everything is run, it could be more efficient. I think the crew should get more training before they set out rather than learning as they go along. I also think he should do more risk assessment before sending his people into danger. Then again I don't go on boats so my opinion is not based on experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page