Testing Consumer Products on Animals - The Ups and Downs - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 AM

Alright so let me start by saying that I in no way support testing consumer products (not medical, we are speaking of shampoos and so forth) on animals.

Now that that is out of way, I have a question. I am doing a issue brief in my college class and I need some ideas for what BOTH SIDES have argued in regards to testing on products. If you could point me in the right direction to find some sources I would be greatly appreciative. I seem to not have any problem finding against () but finding reasons for animal testing is granting a challenge. I know most here agree that it is a no no but if you could put aside your beliefs and share your knowledge of the other side I would be most appreciative.

On a side note, once I am done with this, I get to make a persuasive speech about my side on the topic.

Hopefully I put this in the right section .

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge. -Elbert Hubbard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-24-2008, 01:57 AM

Urgh, sorry I have no sources, but many people will say that it's "safer" to test products on animals because then if its harmful it can be modified or changed to suit humans, and also animals don't die in vain.

Then you could rebut that by saying that animals react differently to drugs and chemicals than us, and so something that may not affect animals might actually kill humans.

Yeah I don't support testing either. ^____^
#3 Old 11-24-2008, 06:18 AM

The BUAV probably has some good information as I seem to remember it having arguments for and then rebutting them: http://www.buav.org/

Animal Aid also has a section that may be helpful: http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/CAMP...riments/ALL///

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page