Article on PETA euthanizing animals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking for an article about the animals peta has euthanized but I can't find anything from a relatively non biased source. Can anyone point me to a source for this info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM

why are you looking for this? and why are you so positive peta euthanizes animals?
#3 Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking for it for a friend who wants unbiased info. I'm sure they do (or at least have in the past) because I've read about it, it's been discussed here but I can't find an actual article on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM

I thought PETA has already admitted to euthanizing animals. The amount they do is disputed though. I'm pretty sure they lobbied to have the Vick dogs euthanized but the judge only allowed one to be.
#5 Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 PM

I've heard rumors about them euthanizing cats and dogs in lieu of the whole spay and neuter campaign, like to lower dog and cat populations or something? idk but I've never actually read about it anywhere, and I don't really see what their purpose would be.
#6 Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl2191 View Post

why are you looking for this? and why are you so positive peta euthanizes animals?

well for one they admitted it but they also said they have no choice they had just so many animals they'd all starve so they had to kill them
#7 Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

I've heard rumors about them euthanizing cats and dogs in lieu of the whole spay and neuter campaign, like to lower dog and cat populations or something?

I've heard all sorts of rumours but I have enough sense not to spread them.
#8 Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've heard rumors about them euthanizing cats and dogs in lieu of the whole spay and neuter campaign, like to lower dog and cat populations or something? idk but I've never actually read about it anywhere, and I don't really see what their purpose would be.

That's another falsehood. In actuality, PETA operates a mobile vet clinic called SNIP that alters pets for low-income families. So they are active in spay/neuter.

Best Friends, an animal protection group, has intelligently discussed this issue regarding PETA. I'd search on their site.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#9 Old 09-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Those aren't rumors.

"Last June, two PeTA staff were charged with cruelty to animals. PeTA staff took dogs from shelters and then personally killed them. 'PeTA says it routinely picks up animals at pounds to have them adopted or, if necessary, euthanized. Among the dead animals, though, authorities found a female cat and her two very adoptable kittens taken from Ahoskie Animal Hospital, veterinarian Patrick Proctor said. These were just kittens we were trying to find homes for, Proctor said. PeTA said they would do that, but these cats never made it out of the county.

An anti-animal-rights organisation, the Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF), focuses its attention on exposing and condemning animal welfare groups such as PeTA. I strongly reject the basic anti-animal rights assumptions of the CCF. Nevertheless, it has uncovered the officially documented fact that From July 1998 through the end of 2004, PeTA killed over 12,400 dogs, cats, and other companion animals at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters.

In 1991, PeTA had a non-human animal sanctuary called Aspen Hill where it killed healthy rabbits and turkeys. PeTA said it did this because it wanted to spend the money that would have been required to house the rabbits and turkeys on its other campaigns. At the time, PeTAs budget was over six million U.S. dollars per year.

Note: Since this article was written PeTA was eventually nailed for charges of littering not animal cruelty for dumping dozens of dogs and cats in a rubbish bin. [Editor]" ~ Jeff Perz

So, just ask PETA. Hopefully they will at least give you an honest answer.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#10 Old 09-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJccc4Life View Post

I'm pretty sure they lobbied to have the Vick dogs euthanized but the judge only allowed one to be.

This is true.

One was euthanized for aggression and another for health issues. PeTA, however, wanted them ALL killed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page