What animal friendly ad do you love? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2003, 09:22 PM

Who the heck started that depressing "meat commercials" thread? I would rather hear about the positive. What great ads have you seen on TV, in magazines, on buttons, car bumpers etc.? It doesn't have to be an animal rights ad-- it could be an ad that you love that shows beautiful wildlife. It could be an ad promoting veg*nism.

I can't think of one right now so I'll let someone else start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2003, 12:06 AM

ok, if no one else wants to start then I will. hmmmmmmmmmm what's a good ad. Come on goatee, think...

Well I posted this one is the "meat commercials" thread but it does belong here.

There's these guys fishing and they're supposed to be the macho guys and stuff. I don't know what the ad is for. Anyway they land a fish but as the water is dripping off the fish it looks like tears coming from its eye. And the fish is gasping and stuff. So they take pity on the fish and put it back in the water and the fish swims away. I know the fish still suffered but it showed the people realizing the fish suffering.

Who can top that????
#3 Old 10-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Well I don't think this'll count because it's not "animal friendly" or promoting veg*ism, but it's not anti-animal and I like it all the same.

The ad is for Lloyds TSB which is a UK bank - it uses a black horse as its logo.

The TV ad just shows shots of galloping black horses - they are totally beautiful and always put a shiver down my spine.

There, told you it wouldn't count!

In fact, I can't think of a single pro-animal or pro-veg*ism ad on TV!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

There's one for some kind of truck, of this guy with a deer strapped to his truck. Hunters are passing him and giving him the thumbs up etc. Then he goes into a field, unties the deer, and lets them go.

There's another one, I don't remember most of it but I think it's for a Jeep or something, the driver re-uniting a baby seal with it's mother.

Those are great ads.

I saw a soy ice cream ad on a billboard sorta thing (not really a billboard, a sorta tri-ad standing thing on a corner) for So Good I think. It had this nice green field, ice cream clouds, and the so good container on it.. It was cool. Right by where my boyfriend lives. I was bouncy for about 2 weeks while it was up.
#5 Old 10-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I think this was also a Jeep ad...it was for an SUV, at any rate.

Formally-dressed couple in said SUV come to a busy intersection. It is dark and raining and the intersection is full of angry people in cars honking and flashing their lights at a terrified stray dog that's in the middle of the intersection. The man in the SUV looks at his partner, then at a pair of ballet tickets on the dash, then back at his partner. Next scene shows the man running into the intersection, picking up the dog, and putting it into the back of the SUV. I cry every time I see it.

I also like the Zyrtec ads that show people allergic to their pets who decide to take Zyrtec instead of giving up their pet due to the allergy.
#6 Old 10-21-2003, 11:49 AM

There is a Dawn dish detergent commercial that shows people saving a duck that is covered in oil by using dawn to clean it. The commercial says that the detergent is gentle enough to clean the duck and then at the end you see the people letting the duck go back off into the wild. I think it is sweet.
#7 Old 10-21-2003, 02:36 PM

Hey, I said post animal friendly ads, not make me have tears running from my eyes.

And Jessica, that's exactly some of the ads I want to hear about. I think animals are so inspiring, especially wild animals.
#8 Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

those are all so great !!

ive seen one for the bc-spca

it goes ...

there is a dad and his kid playing catch on the beach and then after a couple throws the dad gets the ball and throws it really far into the ocean and go ok boy go on go get it !

and then it goes

some things you can only do with your pet

think about adopting an animal from your spca
#9 Old 10-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

See, I don't like the Dawn "duck" ad one bit. I see it as PR greenwashing by Procter & Gamble, trying to convince animal friendly folks, "See, we're nice to animals, Dawn saved this duck even though we kill lots more animals in our labs..." http://www.pandgkills.com/main.html

The Jeep ad with the guy saving the seal is pretty good, but the deer one got shown only a few times, I believe, because the US Sportsmen, a hunters' group, flooded them with angry letters and it was taken off the air.

There was another ad, (I forget what it was for) featuring a couple who trap a mouse with the intentions to kill it, but then take pity on it and keep it as a pet.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#10 Old 10-21-2003, 08:25 PM

My family doesn't use Dawn so I didn't realize it was proctor and gamble. ops: sorry. I just liked seeing a duck getting saved like that. It didn't make me want to buy the product--instead it makes me want to go and join a group who goes and saves animals.
#11 Old 10-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh man, this reminded me of a commercial I saw a long long time ago. I only saw it ONCE and it was in Arizona, but I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen- not sure if it qualifies, but I loved it...

Two dolphins are poking their heads out of the water facing a beach, they're making clicking noises and at the bottom of the screen there's subtitles. They talk about how silly humans look on the beach, running around playing with balls and splashing around.

That's about all I can remember, but it was really tongue in cheek and made a good point...I wish I could find it online, it was so cute! Too bad I saw it roughly 6 years ago.
#12 Old 10-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the Dawn ad because it's a truth. maybe not the brand, I mean I'm fully against all P&G products.. but that animals need to be taken care of after a crisis and it inspires me, also, to want to do something that helpful.

Another ad I like is some credit card one.. Family is playing in the ocean with some cute penguins, who steal their credit card. I just think it's cute.
#13 Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Veggie Regular

My TV guide always has a different picture of the cover, and there were two during the previous year that I saved and connected to ar.

The first one was published after "shavuot", which is considered "the milk holiday". The traslation to the text there is "this holiday milked me, sister"

The second picture was published after independence day. in which BBQ are a tradition. The translation to the text it "and this is nothing compares to what they did to the pullets"
LL
LL
#14 Old 10-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I just recently saw a commercial for Petfinder. They were showing people and their dogs and the voice-over was saying how great animals are; they love us unconditionally and theat they deserve good homes. This one got to me! We found our dog at the SPCA with the help of Petfinder.
#15 Old 10-23-2003, 10:04 PM

I live in a suburb of Dallas. Texas, and the SPCA has ads on our buses (Dallas Area Rapid Transit). One of my favorites has a weiner dog pictured and the caption reads, "Get A Long Little Doggie."

I also love the Jeep ad with the baby seal. Also the Zurtec and the SUV with the dog in the rain. THose are all good.

There's also a PSA on TV where this kid is obviously angry and he's fisting up his hands and looking at his loyal dog. The kid moves toward the dog with anger in his eyes (the dog is looking up at him with love and concern), and... the last frame shows him hugging and petting his dog. The caption reads, "don't take your anger out on your pet" (or words to that effect). That one kills me.
#16 Old 10-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I haven't really seen many pro-animal tv ads, except appeals from the RSPCA and NCDL.

Although a few days ago I was at school, and the radio was turned on. All of a sudden there was a radio ad for Quorn mince! A nice break from Birdseye's dead-animal products or 'real' mince yay!
#17 Old 10-31-2003, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the telus commercials where the feature an animal or group of animals with recognizeable music in the background.
#18 Old 11-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the one with a girl sending pictures over the computer of animals at the shelter to those looking for a pet. It says something like get your message to those that matter. I think it may have been a kodak digital camera commercial.
#19 Old 11-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I like this commercial....it's for the New York Lottery.

They show a guy who keeps getting annoyed at his dog....calling him stupid, etc. He makes him go outside in the rain to his doghouse. While he's in the doghouse a dollar bill flies by. He catches it and brings it to the store in his mouth and buys a lottery ticket. The next scene is him driving by his house in a limo with a bunch of girl poodles in the back, hanging his head out the window while the guy is in front of the house watching.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page