Minn. Woman Shoots Rare Albino Deer First Day of Hunting Season - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-05-2007, 05:00 PM

This makes me sick. This lady is insane. When I first read this headline I thought, man I bet she feels bad. I figured she didn't know the deer was a rare albino deer and then I read this.....

Minn. Woman Shoots Albino Deer During Opener

(WCCO) On this season's deer opener, a Minnesota woman shot one of the rarest kinds around; an albino deer. Mary Rakotz of Avon got the 6-point buck on Saturday in Mille Lacs County.

She said it was thrilling to see the rare animal, but 100 times more exciting to be able to actually take it home.

"I had heard that it might be in the area, so I thought that here was my chance of a lifetime. So I had to creep a little bit, probably about 40 yards, to get a good place where I could steady myself a little bit. But then I did that and shot and it went right down," said Rakotz.

Rakotz said she isn't sure if she has room to mount the buck, so she's contacted Cabella's to see if they're interested in buying it.

She also said her family and friends are pretty excited for her, and maybe even a little jealous.

---------------------------

Here is the link for this article but beware, it has a photo of the deer and a video that I haven't clicked on and won't: http://wcco.com/local/albino.deer.season.2.482097.html

People are mad about this (even aome hunters) and ranting on this conservative news site: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=7627&comments=1#comments

Here is the missing info in the article:

WHAT SHE DID WAS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!! I say she should be charged.

Remember, she murdered the rare deer in Minnesota. Now look at this chart:

http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/...r-illegal.html

I say we pressure law enforcement to charge her. Spread the word, email and call the Minnesota DNR Enforcement Division: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/contact/index.html

or call their 24 hr tollfree poacher tipline if they are not responsive:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/enforcement/tip.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd like to do this to her and all her hunting buddies.....

Rubber bullets, of course, because killing idiots is no better than killing animals.
#3 Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I despise hunting

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

That animal was worth no more than any other deer in my eyes. But he was probably one of the most beautiful creatures. It's hard enough for albino creatures to survive in the wild, why shoot them?

To me they hold a certain spiritual connection, but maybe I'm just crazy. Like guardians of the wood. Sad that some one could be so heartless.
#5 Old 11-07-2007, 08:21 AM

I believe in most cases, hunting is a sign of a mental illness. What bothers me about this story is that the woman understood how beautiful this animal was and in her thwarted mind she thought that killing it was the best thing to do to appreciate the animal....to own it....even dead. She could have been out there with a nice camera and captured it that way. This shows how screwed up the hunting mentallity is.

I have heard all of the excuses, there are too many deer, I use all of the deer so it's okay, if we don't kill them they will starve or get run over, etc.

Personally I like guns, I have a nice collection, I love to shoot but I would never shoot an animal unless it was attacking someone or if it was a mercy killing. (I hope I never have to do that.)

As for Just_Kris's remark. I don't advocate killing hunters either but I wouldn't convict anyone that killed some maniacs that were clubing seals or sawing off the tusks of some elephant they had injured just enough to get the tusks and leave it to die.
#6 Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Vegan Police Officer

There goes another person then who, if I passed by them and they were lying wounded dying in the street and asked me to phone an ambulance, I would just tell to go to hell, spit on them and walk away without a backward glance.
#7 Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

That's good, Diana. Nice to see your "compassion" extends to humans.
#8 Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Tell us how you really feel, Diana.

Here is something cheerful (well cute anyway) to lighten this thread:

Despite their radical difference in size, these two dogs have something in common - Gibson the Great Dane and Boo Boo the toy Chihuahua are both world record holders.

Measuring a whopping 107cm, gentle giant Gibson was named tallest dog back in 2004. Joining him in the hall of fame for 2007 is tiny Boo Boo who only measures 10.16cm tall and is smaller than Gibson's head.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...PA_468x460.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811
LL
#9 Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Awww!!
#10 Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

I despise hunting

Me, too. Very much so. I can hear people hunting in the woods surronding my house all day. It's sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post

I believe in most cases, hunting is a sign of a mental illness.

Noone in my family has a mental illness.
#11 Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

There goes another person then who, if I passed by them and they were lying wounded dying in the street and asked me to phone an ambulance, I would just tell to go to hell, spit on them and walk away without a backward glance.

Yep, me too.
#12 Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Beginner

oh well i only extend my compassion to innocent animals, sry i agree with diana. imo she deserves the same consideration she showed that deer.
#13 Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay9 View Post

oh well i only extend my compassion to innocent animals, sry i agree with diana. imo she deserves the same consideration she showed that deer.

I agree.

'It was exciting to see such a rare animal, but even more thrilling to shoot' wtf?
#14 Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I love danes, they're such gentle giants.

m8itcanw8.com
#15 Old 11-17-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:

*snicker*
#16 Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Beginner

She admired the beauty of the deer and just had to have it... how selfish can a person be?
#17 Old 11-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Me, too. Very much so. I can hear people hunting in the woods surronding my house all day. It's sick.

Noone in my family has a mental illness.

Perhaps socially acceptable mass psychosis?
#18 Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

That's good, Diana. Nice to see your "compassion" extends to humans.

What are you talking about? What makes you think that my fight for Animal Rights stems from "compassion"? If I have given that impression, then I need to review my writing skills.
#19 Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

That's horrible, i hate hunting, why can't people just leave the deer alone.
#20 Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Grr, that woman is selfish and insane!! Hunting sucks. And I agree with jayhawk, she could've just been holding a camera instead of a gun.

I love the story about Gibson and Boo Boo! Seeing their pictures just makes me happy.

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
#21 Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned

"In one split second, people forget their cares and worries."

This is not an aspect of the dog, it is an aspect of people's culturural artificacts, that they have constructed, in regard to dogs. People could just as easily develop of culture of getting a smile on their face, in re to colorful quilts, or prettily painted pottery. There is no need to breed and raise an animal and exert complete control over its life from cradle to grave, in order to get a smile on your face. Furthermore, there is no risk that a quilt will turn on you and bite you. With a dog, this risk always exists. Furthermore, the owners of a dog either have cares and worries about properly caring for the dog, or the dog suffers from neglect. Owning an animal respsonibly is a bushel full of cares and worries. When I see a dog, I think, someone is going to have to feed it, someone is going to have to walk it, someone is going to have to train it, someone is going to have to give it proper medical care, care for its grooming, worry about it getting into trouble if left alone. The idea that seeing a dog causes people to "forget their cares and worries" is absurd. Only heartless people who don't care about animals, "forget their cares and worries" in regard to having a "companion animal."
#22 Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Beginner

White trash. Enough said.....
#23 Old 11-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
What bothers me about this story is that the woman understood how beautiful this animal was and in her thwarted mind she thought that killing it was the best thing to do to appreciate the animal....to own it....even dead.

Hell she doesn't even care about owning it...

Quote:
Rakotz said she isn't sure if she has room to mount the buck, so she's contacted Cabella's to see if they're interested in buying it.

She is going to sell it!

That deer was so beautiful its so sad that had to happen because of someones desire to possess it.
#24 Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

People change (as virtually all of us have).

Steve Hindi (founder of SHARK) is a reformed hunter.

Whilst I can understand Diana's feelings, I can't endorse them.
#25 Old 12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

One thing I don't understand about this forums is how people can "care" so much about animals and hate humans so much. You are humans. Humans have dominion over the animals, but we need to make careful decisions about how we treat them. They are our lifeline in alot of respects.

no matter how civilized our world looks to most "sheeple" the human world runs on basic things. coal, clean water, animals for food, and maybe the most important, oil. Everything is touched by oil in one way or another. Everything has required an animal to be slain in order to make it. A The North Face jacket might have no animal parts in it but animals died to feed everyone it came into contact with before it reaches your hands. Plus all of the oil it took to bring it here from china.
#26 Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweiser View Post

One thing I don't understand about this forums is how people can "care" so much about animals and hate humans so much. You are humans. Humans have dominion over the animals, but we need to make careful decisions about how we treat them. They are our lifeline in alot of respects.

no matter how civilized our world looks to most "sheeple" the human world runs on basic things. coal, clean water, animals for food, and maybe the most important, oil. Everything is touched by oil in one way or another. Everything has required an animal to be slain in order to make it. A The North Face jacket might have no animal parts in it but animals died to feed everyone it came into contact with before it reaches your hands. Plus all of the oil it took to bring it here from china.

Interesting third post.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#27 Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Interesting third post.

What should my fourth post sound like?
#28 Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I dunno, but your fifth post could be the beginning of your introduction thread, where you tell other VB members about when you became veg*n or how you became interested in trying veg*nism.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page