Cat Abuser in Family... HELP! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm getting married in October. Yay! My fiance's immediate family is extremely animal-friendly. However, his cousin's boyfriend (they live together) is a total *******. They live in the boondocks outside of San Diego, and he enjoys spending his spare time shooting "stray" cats with his bb gun. He told us this. Out of politeness (and pure shock), I didn't say anything (this was back at a bbq on Memorial Day)... but I feel I need to do something now. He isn't pumping the gun enough to actually kill these poor creatures, but that doesn't make his actions any less criminal. I was thinking of calling 1-800-ABUSE and giving them his name and address anonymously... I'm just worried of causing some family strife. Especially for my fiance's grandma. The last hting she wants to see is family arguing in her very old ange and poor health. Any advice? What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigann View Post

I'm getting married in October. Yay! My fiance's immediate family is extremely animal-friendly. However, his cousin's boyfriend (they live together) is a total *******. They live in the boondocks outside of San Diego, and he enjoys spending his spare time shooting "stray" cats with his bb gun. He told us this. Out of politeness (and pure shock), I didn't say anything (this was back at a bbq on Memorial Day)... but I feel I need to do something now. He isn't pumping the gun enough to actually kill these poor creatures, but that doesn't make his actions any less criminal. I was thinking of calling 1-800-ABUSE and giving them his name and address anonymously... I'm just worried of causing some family strife. Especially for my fiance's grandma. The last hting she wants to see is family arguing in her very old ange and poor health. Any advice? What would you do?

you are politer than me. I would have called him out right there in front of everyone, family gathering or no.

I would 1. ask your fiance to ask the cousin if she thinks it's acceptable behavior. get the family behind you, especially grandma. she can guilt him into stopping.

2. if #1 doesn't work, call the aspca.

3. if #2 doesn't work, smack him around. don't you know kung fu?
#3 Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

you are politer than me. I would have called him out right there in front of everyone, family gathering or no.

I would 1. ask your fiance to ask the cousin if she thinks it's acceptable behavior. get the family behind you, especially grandma. she can guilt him into stopping.

Here's the deal with the cousin (his girlfriend)-- she's a total flake. She has no mind/personality of her own, and is completely controlled by him. No one seems to care. She doesn't work (she's 26 for crying out loud), only models on ocassion and only if he goes with her. She doesn't give a rat's a$$. SHe's like a doll or a toy... and not even her parents care. DOn't get me started with her.

I've mentioned it to Nana (grandma) before, and she agrees it's mean, but doesn't want to "cause trouble" with the family". Whatever. I respect her, still.

I am so ready to kick his sorry a$$back to the rock he came out from under... just had a huge discussion with my fiance' about it. I have NO respect for him. He's twice my size (literally), but I think the beer belly will slow him down so I can initiate a roundhouse kick to his face. I'm SO angry right now!

I want to just report the *******. I'm feeling like the family won't want to get involved... they're the typical omnis that just stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalala" to the realities of factory farming. Mybe it's time to take matters into my own hands?

Purrpelle, I need to be like you. Just give him what's coming. I was too polit then... but hey. Maybe I can do some good now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Here's the deal with the cousin (his girlfriend)-- she's a total flake. She has no mind/personality of her own, and is completely controlled by him. No one seems to care. She doesn't work (she's 26 for crying out loud), only models on ocassion and only if he goes with her. She doesn't give a rat's a$$. SHe's like a doll or a toy... and not even her parents care. DOn't get me started with her.

I've mentioned it to Nana (grandma) before, and she agrees it's mean, but doesn't want to "cause trouble" with the family". Whatever. I respect her, still.

well, then getting the family behind you won't work. Just be prepared for the backlash if he does get into trouble. Is your fiance the type of guy who will totally 100% support you? that's important.

Quote:

I am so ready to kick his sorry a$$back to the rock he came out from under... just had a huge discussion with my fiance' about it. I have NO respect for him. He's twice my size (literally), but I think the beer belly will slow him down so I can initiate a roundhouse kick to his face. I'm SO angry right now!

I want to just report the *******. I'm feeling like the family won't want to get involved... they're the typical omnis that just stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalala" to the realities of factory farming. Mybe it's time to take matters into my own hands?

personally, I would report him to clear my own conscience. If he doesn't stop, a least I did something about it.

Quote:

Purrpelle, I need to be like you. Just give him what's coming. I was too polit then... but hey. Maybe I can do some good now?

Gah! I wouldn't go that far...lol. sometimes I could do with keeping my mouth shut.
#5 Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Just reported the ******* "anonymously" to the San Diego Humane Society. They are sending an officer up this weekend! Yay! Yes, my fiance' totally supports me, and was thrilled I called. I guess we're just scared of starting a feud in the family. I mean, hell, I'm more of a member of their family than him... we're actually getting married. He's just a ******* with a big gun to overcompensate for a ver small *ahem*.
#6 Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:

He's just a ******* with a big gun to overcompensate for a ver small *ahem*.

yeah, that's the way it is.

good for you!
#7 Old 05-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Morrigann you did the right thing, i dont think i could have kept my mouth shut to him about it. if it does cause trouble in the family, they need to respect you and that you dont feel its right, and that your not happy to let someone do crule things to animals. it seems rational enough to me, to want to help the poor cats. we need more people like you morrigann
#8 Old 05-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you.

You can also call the cops AND the ASPCA. Keep reporting him. Daily.
#9 Old 05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Just reported the ******* "anonymously" to the San Diego Humane Society.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
#10 Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Just reported the ******* "anonymously" to the San Diego Humane Society.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
#11 Old 05-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

agreed, i know sometimes its hard and it hits you at the wrong moment, i too would think about it for a moment, i surely would talk to the cousin first though if i didnt think i could get the b/f to stop.
#12 Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Let us know what happens!
#13 Old 05-11-2006, 01:59 PM

Call the RSPCA- or whatever your American equivilent is
#14 Old 05-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I left my name and number with the San Diego Humane Society-- apparently the only group around here that takes care of stuff like this. They will let me know what happens when they send an officer up there this weekend. I have a grassroots group around here that I work with which may be able to do something sneaky... maybe get pictures? DOn't know, but we'll see. I don't want to break any laws, let alone have "the family" (gosh, I feel like I'm in the mob) know I was the whistleblower. They just don't get it. I can't argue with them, and they turn a deaf ear. If the humane society can't do anything, I'll need to think of something else. For all I know, the ******* has ceased his pastime. This was a few months ago when he was boasting about his antics. Maybe the cats know to stay away from their pathetic property so no more are hurt. I can only hope for the best. If they lived closer, I'd drive over, camp out, and take pics. LOL
#15 Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Beginner

Well good for you, you shouldn't feel like the one in the wrong, if anyone confronts you about it you know you are doing the right thing trying to help innocent animals. Good for you!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
#16 Old 05-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Call the spca and report him to the police. Do it now, before he actually does kill one of those poor animals.
#17 Old 05-14-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian View Post

Call the spca and report him to the police. Do it now, before he actually does kill one of those poor animals.

uh, I think she did already, if you read back a page or two.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page