Lesli Bisgould - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-05-2005, 01:13 AM

Today there was an Animal Legal Defence Conference at the university I attend here in Victoria, Canada, and we had speakers throughout the day speaking on various animal rights/welfare issues, and the final one was an animal rights activist from Toronto by the name of Lesli Bisgould. I do not know if any of you have heard of her before, but if you come across this name, I stronly urge you to listen to what she has to say. She is a very well spoken animal rights activist who knows her stuff very well. She moved the audience today, and had quite an impact on me and several others. Here is her short biography from the hand out today:

Quote:
In 1992 Leslie Bisgould began practicing civil litigation at a Toronto boutique firm before establishing her own practice in animal rights law in 1995. Bisgould worked as the only animal rights lawyer in Canada for ten years. Currently she is a staff lawyer at ARCH Disability Law Centre, a legal aid clinic where she works on test case litigation, education and law reform work to advance the rights of persons with disabilities. She continues to work on animal rights in her own time, including doing presentations across the country. Bisgould is chair of the board of Neighbourhood Legal Services, another legal aid clinic in Toronto.

I do not know if this is the right sub-forum for this and I'm not sure if this will thread will get any hits, I just thought I would spread the word about this great person and the hard work she does. She really moved the audience today.

Here is one of many links on her from a google search:

http://www.zoocheck.com/events/bisgould.shtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page