Vote for anti-fur PETA ad - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought number 2 was hilarious, but that's just my immature humor

Instead I voted for number 3 because I think it has a better shot at getting some airtime. It's more reserved than the others but I love the concept:

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-furisf...t=weekly_enews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

The odd thing is..

I've seen some sexual type stories about women doing those things. They were pretty strange.
#3 Old 11-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, I think I saw a movie like this very late one night on the Showtime channel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Haha, you guys are terrible!
#5 Old 11-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Which video did y'all vote for?

Come on people, I'm dying to know...
#6 Old 11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Hugger View Post

I thought number 2 was hilarious, but that's just my immature humor

Instead I voted for number 3 because I think it has a better shot at getting some airtime. It's more reserved than the others but I love the concept:

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-furisf...t=weekly_enews

Ditto.

*this space not for sale*
#7 Old 11-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I think #2 was so funny but if they air that, it will make Peta look like total idiots. Sooo...if I had to choose, it would be #3.
#8 Old 11-06-2005, 10:33 AM

I wish Peta would stop offending people and damaging their own image. They should do a serious ad that gives people an idea of how barbaric fur production really instead of trying to be funny. I went shopping for a coat yesterday and was alarmed at how difficult it was to find coats, or even sweaters, without fox or rabbit fur; fur has taken over the market. It's serious when fur becomes ubiquitous in a place like La Jolla, California.

As far as I'm aware, not a single US mainstream news outlet has done a piece about Chinese fur. I think people finding out about live skinning would put at least a little dent in sales. Has anyone seen any stories about this in the US news?
#9 Old 11-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

The 1st one wouldn't work for me. I didn't like the 3rd one much, i don't think it made much sense. I preferred the 2nd.
#10 Old 11-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppadum View Post

I wish Peta would stop offending people and damaging their own image. They should do a serious ad that gives people an idea of how barbaric fur production really instead of trying to be funny.

I'm actually in media writing class in college right now and I have to say I highly disagree with that. Humor is actually one of the best forms of advertising, even when it is a serious topic. Although both types of ads are good, the humorous ones are easier to get past censorships (which are very strict with PETA's graphic footage ads). Better a funny ad with a point, then no ad at all.
#11 Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like the second one the best. The first is too gross to be able to stand, and the last is kind of boring. The second one is fascinating and really funny.
#12 Old 11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I couldn't get the third one to play so I can't choose my favourite, but I agree that funny ads are sometimes better than serious ones. People will tune out anything preachy. But when something funny or seemingly benign comes on TV, they let their guards down.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page