Wow, I was wonering how the zoo in New Orleans made out - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-07-2005, 12:35 PM

Katrina spares shocked residents of US zoo

Monday, 05 September , 2005, 11:09

New Orleans: Other than an alligator on the loose, a couple of dead otters and a host of shell-shocked animals, denizens of the New Orleans zoo came through deadly Hurricane Katrina relatively unscathed. Images: Katrina unleashes crime wave in US

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13932864
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I think this is a wonderful article; although I don't agree with most zoos, that zookeeper sounds like he really cares about the animals.
#3 Old 09-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Beginner

yah, too bad he's probably going to "replace" those lost otters... lame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-07-2005, 09:19 PM

The Aquarium of the America's.....everything died except for the gators I believe. They didn't have any electricity to work the pumps and such. Beutiful fish and sea life lost their lives. I visited the aquarium several years ago. It was huge with all kinds of sea life from all over the world. Heartbreaking. I'd imagine the tanks got hot and with the lack of oxygen they sufficated. Add to that the lack of food....not a good thing.
#5 Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Life View Post

The Aquarium of the America's.....everything died except for the gators I believe. They didn't have any electricity to work the pumps and such. Beutiful fish and sea life lost their lives. I visited the aquarium several years ago. It was huge with all kinds of sea life from all over the world. Heartbreaking. I'd imagine the tanks got hot and with the lack of oxygen they sufficated. Add to that the lack of food....not a good thing.

Here's an article about the Aquarium. http://news.mongabay.com/2005/0907-n..._aquarium.html

Sad to hear about all the deaths, but it's heartwarming to hear about the people working to care for the ones displaced through all of this.

A little disturbed that they picked the horrible horrible horrible Lincoln Park Zoo to head their relief efforts.
#6 Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm so sad to hear about the Aquarium of the Americas. Ten thousand fish! So sad. It was such a nice aquarium.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page