To VAN or not 2 VAN??? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi, im posting this here, because im wanting to buy a VAN [to live in permanantly] I am so aware that many animals are killed by drivers, this is the reason, im posting, @ the animal rights page.

My Question is, 2 VAN or not to 2 VAN??? Whenever iv been travelling, iv seen dead badgers, squirrels, ect ect ......Am i being an Effing hypocryte, by buying into the oil/meat/death industry??? Im a VEGAN and will always be one. I just wonder if its worth it, or should i resist temptation and stay a cyclist?????

Ghost

Yuo can PM me with advice. [Good advice only ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

well, you can live in a van more easily than you can live on a bicycle

it's usually pretty easy to avoid animals on the road. i think having a van is just as vegan as having a bicycle... 'one can't be 100%, one does what one can' (i've heard that, or similar things, so many times here).

and besides, living in a van would be pretty cool
#3 Old 04-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

It would probably be easier to avoid killing animals if you kept the van down by the river, and, you know, lived in it there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

well, you can live in a van more easily than you can live on a bicycle

it's usually pretty easy to avoid animals on the road. i think having a van is just as vegan as having a bicycle... 'one can't be 100%, one does what one can' (i've heard that, or similar things, so many times here).

and besides, living in a van would be pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

It would probably be easier to avoid killing animals if you kept the van down by the river, and, you know, lived in it there.

Thanks for your advice, if i can find a nice river, i may just do that. I ma pretty carefull driver, so, i guess....the animals are safe. Ive got till Wednesday to decide, whether or not. I tottally respect for and against advice.

Again, Thamks alot for your advice.

Ghost.
#5 Old 04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I hit a skunk once. I cried...

I think a lot of people hit animals on purpose, sadly.

I know my grandfather taught my father to hit animals with his car. My dad also threw someone's cat out the window because he thought it was funny and that's what my grandfather taught him. Anyways he realizes now (after we have a cat) that cat's really are beautiful creatures.
#6 Old 04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I know CG's question is serious but this was very funny. To me.
#7 Old 04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_clouds View Post

I hit a skunk once. I cried. I think a lot of people hit animals on purpose, sadly.

I know my grandfather taught my father to hit animals with his car. My dad also threw someone's cat out the window because he thought it was funny and that's what my grandfather taught him. Anyways he realizes now (after we have a cat) that cat's really are beautiful creatures.

I havent hit an animal yet, but iv been in a car, when someone did, scared me, i had to get out and do the awful deed, i was a meat eater then, but it was still vey hard and painfull.

I dont know, if i could live with myself, if i hit an animal............

Ghost.
#8 Old 04-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a pretty good article.. I read it ages ago.

http://www.bidstrup.com/fulltime.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page