Rape and what? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-22-2004, 04:36 AM
Banned

There is a word for having sex with someone without their consent. This is called "rape." Because humans do this to humans, we have a word for it. But what about nursing from someone without their consent? Why don't we have a distinct word for this? I believe we need a distinct word for it. This word could be applied to stealing a human being's milk, or forcing a woman to be a nurse to someone else's child, with deprivation of her own child being a possible result. It could also be applied to taking milk from an animal. We also need a word for a large-scale theft of this sort.

I'm open to suggestions as to what word to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Banned

Milking?
#3 Old 11-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

It's very much a kind of rape, isn't it.

I'd call it "dairape" (dairy+rape).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

TWOCing (some absurd sounding, some not_)

nurse nausea milking WOC

Farmolestation of Cowmilk

Farmoseutical monopoly of souls

Rape of animals cess pit cessation campaign.

Defarmation of animals defamation act, advisory board.

Some of my suggestions sound silly, but thats to get your mind working ok?
#5 Old 11-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Banned

umm because rape isn't stealing anything? rapists don't rape because they want sex, they do it because they want power.

if you want a word for stealing milk then you'd need a word for every stealing of body material, like stealing bile form bears, stealing genitals for so-called natural medicine, stealing wool, stealing their liver oil, stealing their horns, etc.

what's so different about stealing milk? is it because breasts are sexualized in human society, so you need to compare it with something sexualized such as rape? remember that breasts are only sexualized in humans. animals don't even have engorged breasts/teats unless they are nursing. stealing milk is not in any remote way a form of rape.

btw, before you flame me, know that just because i'm saying it's not rape does not mean that i'm saying it's not bad.
#6 Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I think the whole dairy is rape thing has more to do with the fact that the cow must be continually impregnated...
#7 Old 11-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Banned

Now the artificial insimnation that gets them pregnant would more classify as a rape.
#8 Old 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post

umm because rape isn't stealing anything? rapists don't rape because they want sex, they do it because they want power.

I wouldn't say that's always true. And one could argue that a rapist steals "power" and control from the victim.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#9 Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

There was a news story a while back: A bunch of immigrants were stranded on a raft after their ship sank. The didn't have any food, and so the men forced the women to let them suckle from their breasts. They threw one woman who refused to the sharks.

I haven't heard if the men will be prosecuted or not, and if so what the charges would be.
#10 Old 11-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverC View Post

There was a news story a while back: A bunch of immigrants were stranded on a raft after their ship sank. The didn't have any food, and so the men forced the women to let them suckle from their breasts. They threw one woman who refused to the sharks.

I haven't heard if the men will be prosecuted or not, and if so what the charges would be.

#11 Old 11-22-2004, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverC View Post

You live long enough and you really DO hear it all.

The Rev
#12 Old 11-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Banned

" rape isn't stealing anything? rapists don't rape because they want sex, they do it because they want power."

I would go so far as to say that, in many circumstances, if not most, thieves don't steal because they want stuff; they steal because they want to hurt, deprive, the person they took something from, of something. They want power.
#13 Old 11-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Banned

" because breasts are sexualized in human society, so you need to compare it with something sexualized such as rape?"

I specifically said that, because the comparison is tenuous, I do not want to use the word rape.
#14 Old 11-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Banned

"one could argue that a rapist steals "power" and control from the victim."

Ezzactly. Deprives the victim of their right to make their own choices.
#15 Old 11-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegAnaconda View Post

Farmoseutical monopoly of souls

I ADORE this. It's seriously brilliant. Can I use it , please?

Keep on freepin' on

#16 Old 11-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowthepig View Post

I ADORE this. It's seriously brilliant. Can I use it , please?

why yes you can I'm not using it for anything, I only came up with it yesterday.

Thankyou so much for liking and seeing use for it, you are totally welcome to my idea of putting those words together. It was not at all hard afterall and which in turn can become your idea or use! So what is your next move? I see you have a website concerning distribution

of ideas where they can be lent to other people, but anyways, thats all good as I see it I'm not asking credit but tell me more about what you plan, just out of interest....I assume you've been busy on something

or other and were looking for a title either for a website or some other medium, is that right ?
#17 Old 11-23-2004, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

VegAnaconda, I *love* "farmolestation" as a term for this practice.

Also, can someone please explain the boat story? Were all the women on the boat lactating? You can't get milk from a woman who is not alread, can you?
#18 Old 11-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

organica - That's what I thought. Were they pregnant?

Silver - That really IS a horrifying story... eeeeeep.
#19 Old 11-23-2004, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by organica View Post

Also, can someone please explain the boat story? Were all the women on the boat lactating? You can't get milk from a woman who is not alread, can you?

Even men will lactate if stimulated (suckled) adequately. The average is 6 weeks of 3 separate 20 minute sessions daily, to get milk a flowin'...
#20 Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned

"Even men will lactate if stimulated (suckled) adequately. The average is 6 weeks of 3 separate 20 minute sessions daily, to get milk a flowin'..."

Mother-sucker.

Does I has to be suckled by a baby, or a man on a boat, or should I just buy a breast pump?
#21 Old 11-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

For you, soilman, I suggest a breast pump.... The "Medela" manual model, so you needn't waste electricity
#22 Old 11-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Even men will lactate if stimulated (suckled) adequately. The average is 6 weeks of 3 separate 20 minute sessions daily, to get milk a flowin'...

eek
#23 Old 11-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I'm going to consider a double mastectomy after reading this thread!!!
#24 Old 11-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Banned

"I think I'm going to consider a double mastectomy after reading this thread!!"

Please don't discard a couple of perfectly healthy breasts, without first letting me know; maybe I can find a use for them.

I'm sorry -- but my reply is not any more totally weird than organica's comment.
#25 Old 11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

There's nothing weird about not wanting to breastfeed strange men demanding to suck on you!!!

That's what I am referring to, of course.

Nope, no breastfeeding for me!!

I'll direct the thirsty men who want to suck breasts to soilman & his pumper.
#26 Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by organica View Post

No, not all the women were lactating. One woman had to argue with them though, that she didn't have a baby so she couldn't give them milk. She was terrified that they would throw her to the sharks like they did with the other woman.

I'll try to find the original article. I remember it saying that the women had bite marks all over their breasts from the men fighting for the nipples!! That is so disgusting!!
#27 Old 11-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

why yes you can I'm not using it for anything, I only came up with it yesterday.

Thankyou so much for liking and seeing use for it, you are totally welcome to my idea of putting those words together. It was not at all hard afterall and which in turn can become your idea or use! So what is your next move? I see you have a website concerning distribution

Not my site. It's more of a universal GPL/"copy-left"ish org where works creators can grant fair use permissions to others. I was thinking you might "license" your phrase(s) and make them available to all with the attendant permissions of your choice.

Keep on freepin' on

#28 Old 12-08-2004, 01:09 PM

SilverC, I very nearly threw up when I read what you posted.

I still feel a little nauseous. There are some sick @#$%^& in the world.
#29 Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Yo, I realized that probably was not your site SorrowthePig, but all I did afterall was glance at it, furthermore though I can't really figure why you would think I may want to "clone" or "licence" a phrase... but if it pleases you, and since this is your idea, why not you go for it and make of it what you will instead of me? btw, would I get paid in royalties for this if I registered my phrasiology?

Seriously what brought this on that made you go to that site and think you had use for it if any?... Have you had ideas of your own intended for this site or for future consideration SorrowthePig ? ....Has the site been well known to you for some time now or is it new to you too?
#30 Old 12-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Seriously what brought this on that made you go to that site and think you had use for it if any?... Have you had ideas of your own intended for this site or for future consideration SorrowthePig ? ....Has the site been well known to you for some time now or is it new to you too?

Longtime supporter of open source/content efforts, electronic or other.

Keep on freepin' on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page