Where Do You Get Your Protein? with Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By BiteSizeVegan

#1 Old 03-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Where Do You Get Your Protein? with Dr. Michael Greger of Nutritionfacts.org

Protein can be a great concern when considering a vegan diet- where do you get it? How much is enough? This video is the first in a series addressing the most common nutritional concerns for a vegan diet. I’m honored to be joined by Michael Greger, M.D. of nutritionfacts.org to demystify vegan protein sources. To track your own protein, check out Cronometer here: http://www.BiteSizeVegan.com/Cronometer
natty6 and MozIsMyShepherd like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Thank you for the video. I've tried the cronometer, so 1.5 cups of peanuts is all the protein you need in the day, that's a much easier way of measuring your intake, whilst when someone tells me in grams it tells me nothing. Very useful info

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#3 Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
Thank you for the video. I've tried the cronometer, so 1.5 cups of peanuts is all the protein you need in the day, that's a much easier way of measuring your intake, whilst when someone tells me in grams it tells me nothing. Very useful info
ha! yep yep. i do love cronometer. i find it mainly useful to show others how i'm exceeding my nutriient needs..like a boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

great video! I do get asked about my protien quite a bit, as well as iron (oddly enough?) and calcium. I keep the answers cued up in my brain for those occasions.

But truly, the true down and dirty- I get my protien from ALL my food. Unless I am eating like, only straight white table sugar (and who does that?!) its in all the food I eat. I know this because I track it online, and I meet and exceed the WHO recommendation with no thought or effort at all.

If I want to put in the (slight!) effort, and have a protien shake, bowl of bean soup, or veggie burger, I can get up to an athlete or large dude's recommended intake.
#5 Old 03-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Well a veggie work colleague, whom I do been trying to gently persuade to go full vegan, said to me: "but I work out, I need my protein! I need to eat eggs after a work out and also I hate vegan cheese" . Soo even vegetarians cling on to their "protein" unwilling to let go, let alone omnis. Then I referred her to Tim Shieff and she said: "I see your point, I'll give it a go"

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#6 Old 06-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Vegan as f**k

The thing many omnis are not aware of is that soya is very high in protein. My dried soya mince is something like 50% protein. That's more than a steak. So I don't get the whole concern about protein thing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page