"I Will Not Stand By" POWERFUL Vegan Slam Poetry! | Gary Yourofsky - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
  • 1 Post By MozIsMyShepherd
  • 1 Post By Go Vegan
  • 1 Post By Go Vegan
  • 1 Post By Go Vegan
  • 1 Post By Go Vegan
  • 2 Post By Go Vegan

#1 Old 02-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

"I Will Not Stand By" POWERFUL Vegan Slam Poetry! | Gary Yourofsky

This incredibly powerful slam poem was written by Gary Yourofsky in 1996 and is finally reaching the public in video form. Gary calls for us to face the reality of our actions both as a collective society and as individuals. We are the oppressors, the abusers, the murderers. We are the villains in this scenario. And we cannot and will not stand by

[tweet it]

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Lovable misanthrope

I didn't dare watch as wasn't sure if there's anything too upsetting, but I listened and I enjoyed it, very expressive. Thank you

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#3 Old 02-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Vegan as f**k

A very deep and meaningful poem! Thank you for posting this, Emily.

The words are so true and the scenes accompanying them so horrific that this video has significant impact on the viewer I think. Impact that will help some people, hopefully many people, question their practices and go vegan!
BiteSizeVegan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
I didn't dare watch as wasn't sure if there's anything too upsetting, but I listened and I enjoyed it, very expressive. Thank you
thank you for listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post
A very deep and meaningful poem! Thank you for posting this, Emily.

The words are so true and the scenes accompanying them so horrific that this video has significant impact on the viewer I think. Impact that will help some people, hopefully many people, question their practices and go vegan!
thank you so much- i really hope it does. it's heartbreaking and heartwrenching for sure and was awful to create.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#5 Old 02-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Vegan as f**k

Unfortunately the truth of what goes on needs to be told/ shown...We owe it to those poor innocent animals
#6 Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Unfortunately the truth of what goes on needs to be told/ shown...We owe it to those poor innocent animals
amen. that's why i use graphic imagery.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#7 Old 02-18-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I remember in Earthlings Joaquin Phoenix said something like those who eat meat don't deserve to be protected from the horrors of factory farming. To do so would continue this vicious cycle.
#8 Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Lovable misanthrope

You've watched earthlings? You are brave

#9 Old 02-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
man that's what i pour through for days on end for these types of videos. try two full days of Earthlings ;P

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#10 Old 02-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Vegan as f**k

It's a profound video...More people need to see it that's for sure...And if they eat meat/ dairy/ eggs they need to keep their eyes open!!!
#11 Old 02-21-2015, 04:58 AM
Lovable misanthrope

I agree if simple reasoning doesn't work for omnis then watching something very graphic hopefully would. I just don't see how putting myself through it would make any difference to how I already am other than upset me and make my insomnia come back. But yes very useful in terms of educating ignorant and argumentative omnis and vegetarians

#12 Old 02-21-2015, 05:00 AM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
I agree if simple reasoning doesn't work for omnis then watching something very graphic hopefully would. I just don't see how putting myself through it would make any difference to how I already am other than upset me and make my insomnia come back. But yes very useful in terms of educating ignorant and argumentative omnis and vegetarians
You are already vegan so you don't have to watch it don't worry

It's only those omnis who refuse gentler education tactics who definitely need to watch it!
#13 Old 02-21-2015, 05:08 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
You are already vegan so you don't have to watch it don't worry

It's only those omnis who refuse gentler education tactics who definitely need to watch it!
Exactly my point. But I think most of them in such denial that we'd have hard time getting them to watch it

#14 Old 02-21-2015, 05:09 AM
Vegan as f**k

Sadly true
#15 Old 02-24-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't call it brave. I was just naïve since I did not know how graphic Earthlings is. After watching, I was shell shocked for two weeks. At least I saw it during the holidays while on vacation. Otherwise, I would not have been able to focus at work or school.
#16 Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirchoff888 View Post
I wouldn't call it brave. I was just naïve since I did not know how graphic Earthlings is. After watching, I was shell shocked for two weeks. At least I saw it during the holidays while on vacation. Otherwise, I would not have been able to focus at work or school.
2 weeks that's a good recovery. It was enough for me to read reviews about it and I was in tears for nearly 2 months.

#17 Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
man that's what i pour through for days on end for these types of videos. try two full days of Earthlings ;P
It must be very hard...hats off to you

#18 Old 02-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Vegan as f**k

Earthlings is a very emotional film...It really puts things in perspective I think...It is very easy to see that many human worries/ troubles are insignificant compared to what animals go through...
BiteSizeVegan and Kirchoff888 like this.
#19 Old 02-25-2015, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
It must be very hard...hats off to you
well it's worth it if my videos can change even one mind and heart. and i've said it before- if the animals have to live through that (and die by it) the *very* least I can do is watch it.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page