PETA - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 07-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Veggie Regular

That's true, most groups support spay/neuter but they aren't willing to take that extra step and lobby for mandatory sterilization--which is what really needs to be done with the bull breeds. A majority of owners have already shown that they are unwilling to do it out of the goodness of their hearts, even when special incentives and programs are offered.

Some of the Vick dogs lived successful lives after their release, others did not. As the blogger Terrierman writes, all of the groups that keep making excuses and echoing the rhetoric of the AKC and other breeders' groups have killed many more dogs of all breeds than either Vick or PETA ever have.
Poppy and [email protected]! like this.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 PM

PETA certainly does piss off a lot of people, but that's their point. Trying to never offend anyone means never getting people's attention.

(In my experience, I've found that people, art, ideas, et al that are truly remarkable always have rabid critics.)

They actually helped convince me to become a vegetarian. I also think their greatest strength is putting pressure on various companies to stop selling fur or testing on animals.

I admire their ad campaigns, too.

The one thing I think they mess up is not being better about picking their battles.

For instance, they criticized Chris Christie for killing a fly. I do think flies are one of God's creatures, and I try to avoid killing them.

But making a "thing" over it was, imo, a huge PR mistake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page